Talk

Advanced search

Jan Moir has written an explanation for her last article in today's Mail

(12 Posts)
Kirkers Fri 23-Oct-09 09:38:29

but it doesn't seem to appear on the online page; search for jan moir on the mail site and it pops out of nowhere, and is unapologetic. I don't know how to make a link. It seems to be deliberately tucked away.

Hassled Fri 23-Oct-09 09:42:05

Here

Hassled Fri 23-Oct-09 09:44:25

I don't think I've ever seen such furious back-pedalling.

BiteOfFun Fri 23-Oct-09 21:07:49

It's hardly an apology, is it? angry

nigglewiggle Fri 23-Oct-09 21:13:41

Apparently she's had lots of support from the "silent majority" hmm. Would that be the "embarrassed minority" of homophobes?

southeastastra Fri 23-Oct-09 21:14:01

what other day was so great to hide an apology news story hmm

LynetteScavo Fri 23-Oct-09 21:21:03

Oh, the silly cow.

Don't even know why I bothered reading it.

wintera Sun 25-Oct-09 12:27:36

I heard a great quote about this article the other day. Someone said "Jan Moir is doing some serious back-pedalling - she should be in the tour de France"! Classic!

brightongirldownunder Sun 25-Oct-09 12:32:46

The only thing I'd use that "explanation " for is to wipe my lily white ass. She's a vile creature, that Moir.

Rindercella Sun 25-Oct-09 12:36:47

Taken from The Spoof

Jan Moir today issued an apology regarding her article on the death of Stephen Gateley. Moir had been accused of homophobia and over 20 000 complaints were received by the press complaints commission.

"I am so sorry.... that I bothered to make this half hearted apology. I would like to apologise to Stephen Gateley's family, but only because they have made a formal complaint against me. I would also like to apologise for the complete lack of sincerity in my apology."

The Daily Mail columnist also said that she was part of a silent majority. Indeed this majority must be extremely silent as only Ms Moir can hear them. Following the storm the newspaper has deployed her in a position for which her talents are perfectly suitable.

She is now cleaning the toilets at the paper's headquarters. If she does a good job they promise to give her a broom.

grin grin grin

thighsmadeofcheddar Sun 25-Oct-09 12:36:52

she's so pathetic

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 26-Oct-09 20:07:28

It was a vile article, but, on the positive side it did bring homophobia to the attention of the nation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now