Talk

Advanced search

Katie Piper - my beautiful face

(16 Posts)
MrFibble Fri 23-Oct-09 08:23:52

I have not had a chance to watch the documentary yet but I've seen her interviewed here

What an amazing woman. I nearly cried.

Anyone seen the documentary yet? What are these alternative treatments for burns that she is talking about?

Cosette Thu 29-Oct-09 12:50:16

The documentary is on tonight...

'Katie: My Beautiful Face' which will be screened on Channel 4 at 9pm on Thursday 29 October.

she has been incredibly brave ...

AngryFromManchester Fri 30-Oct-09 08:50:21

oh it was sad. She is such a lovely girl

morningpaper Fri 30-Oct-09 08:54:53

very sad

she is so amazing and bubbly though, that really shines through - she would make a great children's TV presenter

Littlefish Fri 30-Oct-09 09:24:20

What an amazing girl. I wonder if the documentary is available to watch online - I missed it last night.

What lovely parents she has too.

brimfull Fri 30-Oct-09 09:28:13

I watched the documentary- chilling how her life changed so suddenly .

AngryFromManchester Fri 30-Oct-09 09:28:39

I did not watch all of it, but did the man who did this get charged?

Pinkjenny Fri 30-Oct-09 09:30:55

He was charged and given two life sentences. The documentary was just heartbreaking and so inspirational at the same time. Her determination was unbelievable.

SixtyFootGhoul Fri 30-Oct-09 16:15:06

What an incredible young lady.
Was heaartbreaking to see her fear of someone knocking at the door. I really wish her well.

Oblomov Fri 30-Oct-09 16:47:08

Dh and I watched it. She is amazing.

Mumof Fri 30-Oct-09 16:51:59

and still so pretty I thought x

Morloth Fri 30-Oct-09 18:34:50

What a complete and utter prick - both of them, the bastard who threw the acid and the one who set it up.

I hope she has a bright and shining career and really happy life and I hope they keep him updated while he rots in prison so he can see that he didn't break her.

eggontoast Fri 30-Oct-09 18:44:19

Mumof, I agree, I noticed myself thinking she still looked very pretty, such a lovely shape in her face. My husband agreed.

It is so distressing knowing that there are people out there who do such cruel, destroying things to other humans.

funtimewincies Fri 30-Oct-09 19:44:41

I only saw the trailer. Was she deliberately targeted or in the wrong place at the wrong time (not that it makes any difference to the outcome)?

MrFibble Fri 30-Oct-09 19:46:47

she was deliberately targetted. The animal who organised it was her ex(?) boyfriend. Appalling story but she is amazing.

funtimewincies Fri 30-Oct-09 20:19:10

Blimey! Poor girl grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now