Talk

Advanced search

Naked man in own home arrest

(29 Posts)
Ivykaty44 Thu 22-Oct-09 17:24:15

as womana and child take short cut across his ront garden and see him - this is in the early morning and she calls police

here

bb99 Thu 22-Oct-09 17:28:26

Seems a bit unreasonable if they are trespassing and he's not expecting to see them. I wouldn't expect to see anyone at 5.30AM in the morning, not even my own kids or DH, and especially not a 7yo and his mum.

He must be a very unsuccessful flasher if he tries to do it at that time in the morning, poor man!

He seems to be the vic here.

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 17:35:21

Oh for goodness sake.

Of course he is the victim.

ShinyAndNew Thu 22-Oct-09 17:35:27

In the link it says that the incident was at 8:30am not 5. At 8:30am you would have reason to believe that you may see people out and about through your window, which is apparently visible from a school bus stop hmm

OTOH it also says that the woman who made the complaint is the wife of a local police man hmm

edam Thu 22-Oct-09 17:41:11

It says 5.30 in the link.

Ridiculous. I hope he gets an apology and the woman is given a telling off for wasting police time.

ShinyAndNew Thu 22-Oct-09 17:43:05

No the link in the article itself. it also says police believe he may have been 'seen' before.

Though it doesn't say that any other reports have been made.

MaggieEsLaMejorBruja Thu 22-Oct-09 17:43:24

what edam said.

I think the police have to formally investigate every complaint, but omg.... he was in his own house!

more Thu 22-Oct-09 17:46:26

I think it dependes on the layout of the kitchen. Has he got glass walls? In a bog standard kitchen would she not turn out to be a bit of peeking tom herself? how many kitchen can you actually look into seeing a person full figure?

Biobytes Thu 22-Oct-09 17:46:26

Thanks goodness we don't live in Virginia! (I don't even have courtains on the windows that face the garden! blush)

MaggieEsLaMejorBruja Thu 22-Oct-09 17:46:43

hmm, hang on.. the link i just read says 8.30, with a school bus boarding outside.

I don't know what to think.

Biobytes Thu 22-Oct-09 17:47:45

Well he may have seen before but there is a difference betwwen been seen and expose youself perhaps? hmm

Biobytes Thu 22-Oct-09 17:48:46

That changes the thing...

LyraSilvertongue Thu 22-Oct-09 17:49:53

Sounds like there may be more to it than meets the eye.
No sane person would report someone for standing naked in their own home. Maybe he was displaying himself in a window, knowing he'd be seen.

Ivykaty44 Thu 22-Oct-09 18:11:09

Would a sane person take a shortcut in someones garden though? Why was this woman in this garden?

SolidGhoulBrass Thu 22-Oct-09 18:15:39

Either he was waving his willy and drooling at passers by, or the woman is an interfering loon who was looking out for somethign to be offended by (or indeed has a vendetta against the man for some other reason such as a row over a parking space).

Stayingscarygirl Thu 22-Oct-09 18:19:35

More has hit the nail on the head for me. Surely, unless he has floor-to-ceiling windows in his kitchen then he'd only be visible from the waist up, unless the woman was very close to the house - actively peering in as opposed to an accidental glance.

If this is the case, and if his kitchen is reasonably secluded, then he or his lawyer should submit photos taken from the public paths to show what can and cannot be seen in his kitchen from them.

ShinyAndNew Thu 22-Oct-09 18:22:29

The second link says he was standing in fron of the glass panelled door in the kitchen and then again in the living room.

I am undecided. Both acrticles have a very different course of events. In the first article, he is more than certainly innocent. The second, looks like there might be a bit more to it.

tribeleader Thu 22-Oct-09 18:27:19

Why are people upset by the naked body? Unless he was standing doing the whoohoo wiggle that most men like to do naked or standing member in hand shaking one off, what is offensive about the naked form

Ivykaty44 Thu 22-Oct-09 18:31:47

There is nothing wrong with a naked body - in other european countries it is ar more acceptable to see a naked man opening the curtains or such like, not actually behaving in any diferent a way than if they had cloths on.

In the second article it saya that there may be more people that have seen him naked, well as yet they don't have more people having said they saw him naked, but even if they did that doesn't mean he was in the worng for being naked

onagar Thu 22-Oct-09 18:52:01

It's madness. The woman should be arrested for traspassing, wasting police time and be made to pay the guy damages.

I'm a man and I walk around naked at home. I'm not on the ground floor, but if one of my neighbours stood on a chair with their head out the top of their window and used binoculers... well I'd be in dead trouble.

JandLandG Fri 23-Oct-09 02:29:24

How the fuck did the OP come across this obscure piece of Fox news bollocks?

MaggieEsLaMejorBruja Fri 23-Oct-09 09:02:12

Well I heard it on the radio in a shop as I was paying for something.

ABatDead Fri 23-Oct-09 09:09:18

Imagine a woman had been naked in her kitchen at 5.30 a.m and a man was trespassing in her garden.

Wonder who would have been arrested then?

Biobytes Fri 23-Oct-09 13:52:10

"in other european countries it is ar more acceptable to see a naked man opening the curtains or such like, not actually behaving in any diferent a way than if they had cloths on."

Tell me about it... I could ABSOLUTELY DIED of embarrassment on those first months with my now ex husband.... blush

Fortunately, although he is back to his ld ways now he wears his pants when he is working by the window, and I can confidently scream to the world "HE IS NOT MY HUSBAND, HONEST!!!

Tortington Fri 23-Oct-09 13:59:29

becuase i have a very diligant binman, he kindly comes into my garden to collect the bin when i have been fuckwitted enough to forget to put it out.

only on MORE than one occasion i have ran out of the kitchen in horror - as i have been ironing in my undies in front of the kitchen window.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now