Advanced search

Doctor tried to make his girlfriend miscarry

(16 Posts)
StayFrosty Mon 19-Oct-09 22:16:31

here

shock

I hope he does some time for this.

moondog Mon 19-Oct-09 22:19:08

Blimey. Really thoguht they'd find him innocent!

Northernlurker Mon 19-Oct-09 22:22:44

His wife (a doctor herself) saw him crushing tablets but 'thought nothing of it when he said they were for work' hmm really? I find that VERY hard to believe. Doctors don't come in to contact with drugs - they prescribe, the pharmacists dispense, the nurses administer - I have NEVER seen a consultant with tablets - other preparations maybe. Goodness knows what she thought he was going to do with them but I just don't believe she bought that excuse.

Anyway - he's plainly very unpleasant.

I'm suprised by the verdict as well.

TotalChaos Mon 19-Oct-09 22:25:20

I'm not that surprised, given his defence appeared to be that he put the medication in her drinks to show that it wouldn't dissolve hmm.

moondog Mon 19-Oct-09 22:26:05

Hmm yes TC, that rings a few alarm bells...

He is undoubtedly vile but dw is 'standing by him'.

Northernlurker Mon 19-Oct-09 22:34:15

I thought his defence was that the pregnant woman had done it herself out of jealousy - as you do hmm

StayFrosty Mon 19-Oct-09 22:52:04

I have no idea how he had all these women in his life, he seems to be utterly charmless.

Northernlurker Mon 19-Oct-09 22:59:17

Yes he looks pretty loathsome to me but he was a consultant and some consultants are unbelievably arrogant and some women find that attractive. Goodness knows why hmm

LeninGhoul Mon 19-Oct-09 23:04:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thepumpkineater Tue 20-Oct-09 18:59:48

Has already been struck off, I think. Sounds a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Was sure was going to get off. Wife is 'standing by' him. They have an unconvential marriage apparently.hmm

Northernlurker Tue 20-Oct-09 20:49:06

Yes standing by an adulterous, conniving, now unemployed, attempted murderer is definately what I would call 'unconventional'!

edam Wed 21-Oct-09 16:07:27

Horrifying case. And pathetic defence.

Story I read somewhere said none of his colleagues even knew he was married. hmm

bernadetteoflourdes Thu 22-Oct-09 03:20:30

Yes and the biggest losers are now going to be chronic asthma sufferers like my son as Dr Erin was conducting groundbreaking research into childhood asthma. They can't continue as he has been (rightly)struck off and funds will dissapear! How can someone striving to do so much good do something unutterably bad. (Yin and Yang I guess)

edam Thu 22-Oct-09 09:31:10

That's a hell of a shame. But being a dedicated doctor doesn't automatically mean you are a wonderful human being in your private life.

David Southall was genuinely dedicated to children, didn't stop him being incredibly arrogant and acting as if all parents of children with a tricky diagnosis were guilty until proven innocent. AND then using all sorts of unethical tricks to 'prove' guilt. (And to enrol prem babies in a clinical trial of a new incubator that turned out to be v. v. bad indeed - he got away with the consent form skulduggery though.)

bernadetteoflourdes Thu 22-Oct-09 14:01:47

Good point Edam , Southall a real bastard I agree. I guess it is the arrogance that Consultants seem to have (not all of them) but some do think they are deities, just another man who thinks with his Dick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now