Talk

Advanced search

Mother faces jail for faking son's illness and claiming benefits

(14 Posts)
FakePlasticTrees Sat 17-Oct-09 12:39:07

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6878582.ece

shock angry - no one noticed for 6.5 years???

FluffyPumpkins Sat 17-Oct-09 13:28:29

Wow some people are fecking Bizzare what a sick cow..

and the poor boy sad

nighbynight Sat 17-Oct-09 13:31:55

I could cheerfully strangle this womanangry

Apart from the suffering to her own son, every time a mother walks into a hospital with a child with a chronic complaint, she's going to be a potential abuser.

Lulumama Sat 17-Oct-09 13:37:35

she must be seriously psychologically disturbed, i hope she gets treatment alongside her prison term

also hope more so, that her son gets the support he needs

LaDiDaDi Sat 17-Oct-09 13:42:22

It is a horrendous case.

She has effectively caused this boy grevious bodily harm imo.

BobbingForPeachys Sat 17-Oct-09 13:58:12

O
M
F
G

and the comments about how benefits are wasted sad- its hardly common! The Psych I know says she ahs encountered fake symptoms twice in 30 yaers, ie very rarely.

This woman was ill, she was harming herself also. Bit different from run of the mill criminal fraud

PeedOffWithNits Sun 18-Oct-09 14:58:00

poor poor boy! unbelievably sad story!

i assume the child will be taken away from her permanently - I hope??

Lilyloooohhhh Sun 18-Oct-09 15:03:48

sad poor boy

edam Sun 18-Oct-09 15:18:45

Good grief. That poor child.

How on earth can the father not have noticed she was making it up?

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Sun 18-Oct-09 15:22:28

Maybe he wasn't around much edam? The article certainly doesn't mention him much....

edam Sun 18-Oct-09 15:26:37

Well, it's reporting court proceedings which presumably focus on the criminal, not the innocent parties. But if there was video of the boy eating burgers and running around at the beach, it's hard to see how the father can't have been suspicious or have known exactly what she was up to...

Anyway, I know she's the criminal not him so I shouldn't be casting aspersions, it's just very very odd.

cory Sun 18-Oct-09 19:13:31

This is precisely why I was not able to bring myself to send off that DLA form after I'd filled it in and collected all the doctors' letters.

Not only have we already come under suspicion, but dd (who is certainly bona fide disabled) has periods when she is symptom free, so there could well be videos from the beach...sad

I assume the woman is mentally ill, but it's hard not to feel resentful against someone like that. Not to mention what she did to that poor little boy.

Callisto Sun 18-Oct-09 19:57:29

Well she is obviously dreadful, but how on earth did she hoodwink all of the very many doctors, consultants, nurses etc for so long?

BobbingForPeachys Mon 19-Oct-09 10:40:24

No idea Callisto- isn't CP usually confirmed by brain scan? Bizarre

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now