Talk

Advanced search

This beggars belief...

(4 Posts)
Fruitbeard Fri 16-Oct-09 22:22:46

Story here

That she was beaten by her own mother and ostracised from her community for what those creatures (can't call them men) did to her... from 5 years old... it makes me want to weep

Poor woman. I hope she's able to get the help she needs to move on with her life now.

tearinghairout Fri 16-Oct-09 22:30:16

I heard this on the news at lunchtime. She is very courageous, it sounds as if she has a partner who has given her the courage & support to speak out at last. Fancy this happening and your mother not believing you. Poor girl. It's horrendous.

I hope she has friends who can help her to hold her head up high.

PeedOffWithNits Sun 18-Oct-09 15:02:41

what a brave brave woman - and it sounds like she has found herself a fantastic partner, despite her horrific history. I hope her story inspires others to be brave enough to speak out about their past

edam Sun 18-Oct-09 15:37:00

Poor woman. Am so glad she got justice. And I hope they DO actually deport these hideous men once they are released.

Also a sharp reminder of the bad old days when women who got pregnant outside marriage were vilified - all those who bitch about single mums on benefits should remember that demonising women is not only wrong but offers abusers cover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now