Talk

Advanced search

"They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else," he said.

(9 Posts)
stickylittlefingers Fri 16-Oct-09 16:20:19

"They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else," he said.

US mixed marriage ban

Quite apart from the awful man he clearly is, the quote from this so-called "Justice" are, imo, rather hilarious. Stupid in more ways than one... at least he makes it obvious, I suppose wink

AMumInScotland Fri 16-Oct-09 16:29:47

Wow! Surely he's either breaking a law and should be prosecuted, or his obligations in his job and should be sacked?

If everyone follwed his example, there would be just as many mixed-race children, they'd just be illegitimate - what benefit would that bring to his bizarre world?

stickylittlefingers Fri 16-Oct-09 17:09:27

You would think so, wouldn't you? It would be bad enough if he were articulating these views as a layman, but as someone who has powers which allow him to follow through on his prejudice - it must surely, as you say, be unlawful.

VicarInaBooTu Fri 16-Oct-09 17:19:48

what a dick.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 17-Oct-09 15:09:43

Surely after Loving v Loving (?) (that doesn't look right, anyway, the couple who got the law changed in the 60s) they aren't allowed to do that? I don't really know how american law works as each state seems to have different ones but some, like roe v wade, are nationwide.
I think this judge may find he loses his job over this - or he should do!

tribpot Sat 17-Oct-09 15:16:57

"He said: "I try to treat everyone equally." "

.. Except of course people who come from different races and would like to marry each other. Them I don't treat equally at all.

Completely, completely bizarre. I hope he is going to be struck off.

spokette Sat 17-Oct-09 15:24:41

He should and will lose his job. Loving vs Virginia finally established that miscegnation laws in Virginia were unconstitutional and that the state had no right to ban the marriage of Richard and Mildred Loving.

JustAnotherManicMummy Sat 17-Oct-09 15:30:14

Just another example of why I would not live in the USA.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 17-Oct-09 15:33:44

Oh yes Loving v Virginia not Loving V Loving hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now