loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stephen Gately/Daily Hate/Jan Moir-i've c'n'p'ed it for you

(493 Posts)
thesecondcoming Fri 16-Oct-09 14:57:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

undercovercarrot Fri 16-Oct-09 15:39:36

Absolutly disgustingly repellent article, even by daily hate standards. If you feel strongly you can lodge your complaints here - www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/form.html

www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2009/oct/16/dailymail-stephen-gately - great article in guardian about it too.

TheFoosa Fri 16-Oct-09 15:47:26

read that this morning, thought it was terrible

SCARYspicemonster Fri 16-Oct-09 15:54:16

I hope that means that the Guardian will do the decent thing and expurge her from their payroll.

There is a facebook group which I urge you to join.

The PCC will only act on complains by relatives of the individuals slurred but it does not harm to complain. And also contact the advertisers who have paid for space on the page this features on (both online and in print). The facebook group has a list.

undercovercarrot Fri 16-Oct-09 16:02:29

Love Charlie Brookers tweet on this - 'Jan Moir manages to walk the difficult tightrope between being a bitch and a cunt'

..or maybe stephen fry's is better - 'I gather a repulsive nobody writing in a paper no one of any decency would be seen dead with has written something loathesome and inhumane.'

sweetheart Fri 16-Oct-09 16:06:00

It's this line I hate:-

It is important that the truth comes out about the exact circumstances of his strange and lonely death.

Why must the truth come out (if it hasn't already) just because SHE says so!
And his death wasn't lonely - he was on holiday with the love of his life FFS!!!!

Lio Fri 16-Oct-09 16:10:07

Quote from the article: "Healthy and fit 33-year-old men do not just climb into their pyjamas and go to sleep on the sofa, never to wake up again."

Well yes, sometimes they just do. Stupid.

smallorange Fri 16-Oct-09 16:10:15

farking hell....what is\she implying?

Agree taht Charlie brookers retweet ia the perfect response.

cocolepew Fri 16-Oct-09 16:15:22

Don't these people ever think of the person's family?

Lizzylou Fri 16-Oct-09 16:15:55

It was only a matter of time, really wasn't it?
Bloody cow, what does she hope to gain from writing such utter malicious tripe?

Loving the tweets.

TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 16-Oct-09 16:20:17

SCARY, can you link to the facebook site please?

SCARYspicemonster Fri 16-Oct-09 16:35:10

Here you go

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 16-Oct-09 16:53:51

Lio - they do indeed. It's called SADS - Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

angry

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 16-Oct-09 16:55:22

Mitch Benn on Twitter: "No such thing as "natural causes" for poofs, apparently."

I'm boiling mad.

claricebeansmum Fri 16-Oct-09 16:56:46

She should be expelled from the NUJ.

This brings journalism - true, proper journalism - into disrepute.

TheHeathenOfSuburbia Fri 16-Oct-09 16:58:45

Got tweeted a link to a demi-apology: not sure if it's on the Mail site or what

"In what is clearly a heavily orchestrated internet campaign I think it is mischievous in the extreme to suggest that my article has homophobic and bigoted undertones"

hmm

glasgowlass Fri 16-Oct-09 16:59:52

Disgusting, ignorant, vile, homophobic(i could go on) article by a truly disgusting (i hasten to say) person!
I heard on Sky news about an hour ago that the Press Complaints Commission has received in excess of 800 complaints about this article and that their website had actually crashed with the influx!

wahwah Fri 16-Oct-09 17:01:17

Dh was a bit in shock over this article this morning (is devoted tweethead) can't say I'm surprised by the 'Gay=sexually depraved and therefore deserves to be dead' angle

Lulumama Fri 16-Oct-09 17:02:25

she;s a repugnant , bitter old hag , non?

yes, perfectly fit healthy adults do drop dead sadly

how ignorant is she?

disgusting article

and frankly, who cares if SG & his partner were having some mutually consensual shenanigans with another man and a bit of a dirnk and smoke? worse happens in plenty of nice suburban middle class heterosexual homes, i'll warrant

why should he have to be whiter than white and straight to elicit sympathy?

a man has died tragically too young and left his family and friends bereft

eyetunes Fri 16-Oct-09 17:02:39

that is disgusting. His death likened to a broken teacup in a holiday cottage wtf hmm

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 16-Oct-09 17:07:04

That "apology" is worse than the actual article!

"Yes, anyone can die at anytime of anything." (from the apology) x-ref with, "Healthy and fit 33-year-old men do not just climb into their pyjamas and go to sleep on the sofa, never to wake up again." (from the article)

"out all evening at a nightclub, taking illegal substances, bringing a stranger back to the flat, getting intimate with that stranger - did not have a bearing on his death" - Sorry, Jan, I must have missed the bit where it was confirmed that Gately and his husband got "intimate" with the "stranger". Do you know he was a stranger to the couple? How do you know they weren't already friends - oh, yes, that's right, gay men aren't just friends with other gay men, are they? They're all rampant nymphomaniacs driving down property prices in the South East.

angry

Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 16-Oct-09 17:09:17

Here

eyetunes Fri 16-Oct-09 17:10:29

can anyone tell me about the so called apology? I don't do facebook.
Ta

Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 16-Oct-09 17:10:41

Sorry clicked post too quick Charlie Brooker article about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now