Talk

Advanced search

A friend has just told me I must have a SF vaccination or I will die - Apparently it was on the news? Anyone?

(8 Posts)
LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 16-Oct-09 12:29:00

All preg ladies will be vaccinated for SF from 21st of the month onwards? Is this correct?
Last time I was vaccinated for something I miscarried.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Didn't think the SF vaccine had been tested for preg women?

Callisto Fri 16-Oct-09 12:54:19

I can't for a minute think that this is compulsory. Do you know what the vaccine is called so you can google some more info on it?

XavierOnassis Fri 16-Oct-09 12:55:32

Why don't you ask Gordon himself? grin He's online right now you know.

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 16-Oct-09 12:55:54

I do know now as I have just found another thread on it.
I thought there must be one on it already but of course didn't find it until I had started this one. hmm
Thanks.

Callisto Fri 16-Oct-09 12:57:10

And you're not going to die of swine flu btw. smile

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 13:08:34

Yes, every pregnant woman will be vaccinated before the end of the month and those that are missed will spontaneously combust hmm

Your friend is a muppet. The vaccine is being offered, you have to decide if you want it. You are more likely to die because you have high blood pressure from worrying about swine flu than from swine flu itself.

MummyWithAQuestionForMNers Fri 16-Oct-09 13:14:33

"And you're not going to die of swine flu btw"

how can you know that for certain callisto?

yes the OP needs to do her research and weigh up the odds before making her decision about the vacination, but blanket reassurances from people on the net are no help to anyone

Cakesandale Fri 16-Oct-09 13:22:00

She is certainly pretty unlikely to die of swine flu.

I have had it (the flu not the jab), and even though I have underlying health probs (chemotherapy for BC) it was just like ordinary flu. Horrible, but nothing out of the ordinary. it is like that for the vast majority of people. Bit of a rest and some tamiflu (plus lots of toilet paper - it does make you go a bit...) - is all that is required.

Definitely do NOT have to have the jab if you don't want to. Entirely your choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now