Talk

Advanced search

OH MY GOD you will not believe what was broadcast on Australian television this week. (and confirms for me why i havve had a long-term crush on Harry Connick Jr).

(16 Posts)
AitchTwoToTangOh Fri 09-Oct-09 11:10:54

no really, someone sat down in a production meeting and thought 'yeah, blackface, i'm digging that'. shock

fishie Fri 09-Oct-09 11:13:21

oh isn't it awful. and i love what he said "it'd be hey hey there's no more show"

wilbur Fri 09-Oct-09 11:15:07

shock
I can't believe they let that on TV.

And yes, I heart Harry Connick Jr., too.

ninedragons Fri 09-Oct-09 11:16:37

I always thought that was always a show that really scraped the intellectual barrel, and was designed for the bottom 10% of society. Now I know I was right.

It's a huge news story here - they're in deep shit, and rightly so.

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 09-Oct-09 11:19:04

Good on Harry! Difficult to say, 'that was absolutely not funny' especially when you're in another country...

love Harry! grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 09-Oct-09 11:22:57

Crikey. Those comments underneath. shock

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 09-Oct-09 11:31:16

shock What the hell were they thinking?

Good on Harry! I wonder what sort of reaction that'd get on Britain's Got Talent though...I'd like to think Simon Twatface Cowell would say the same thing but I'm not sure....

Tambajam Fri 09-Oct-09 11:33:14

It's very odd, isn't it? And the woman judge looks like she has seriously been on the sherry.

OscarByTheSea Fri 09-Oct-09 11:35:44

The producers of the show must be complete idiots to let that go to air. I hope they received LOTS of complaints.

AitchTwoToTangOh Fri 09-Oct-09 11:58:19

yowza, those comments. how's it being taken in australia, niney? i am pmsl at the fact that no-one in the office thought 'yes, but that was twenty years ago... maybe not today, eh guys?'

Whoooooooseyfruit Fri 09-Oct-09 12:00:39

and they are all doctors shock.... fuck me sideways.

AitchTwoToTangOh Fri 09-Oct-09 12:07:51

yes, that is a bizarre moment. plastic surgeon, urologist, radiologist... (can't spell anaesthetist).

RealityBites Fri 09-Oct-09 12:10:08

Message withdrawn

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Fri 09-Oct-09 12:16:45

shock

AitchTwoToTangOh Fri 09-Oct-09 12:17:33

oh was there? i didn't see it, i did look.
australia is funny, though, so cultured and wonderful but it's just a little bit cut-off for some stuff. i remember seeing a show called 'wogarama' on at my local theatre in sydney and just being shock. but it genuinely seemed not to be an offence-giving term, which is fair enough.

ninedragons Fri 09-Oct-09 12:36:45

Everyone I've spoken to is aghast. This thread is pretty much the script for standing round the kettle at work.

Nobody can understand how there were production meetings, scriptwriters, even the secretary photocopying the script, and not one person evidently said errr, what the fucking fuck are you thinking?

I'm appalled at the guy in the skit denying he's racist because he's Indian. Because only white people can be racist, apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now