Talk

Advanced search

There must surely be a thread already on Strictly's race row???

(38 Posts)
blinks Thu 08-Oct-09 22:07:48

Cannae find one anywhere <blind>

glinda Thu 08-Oct-09 22:10:58

Sorry - missed this one. What's been happening?

blinks Thu 08-Oct-09 22:19:44

Anton du Bigot "playfully" called his dance partner (someone from god knows what on't telly) a 'paki' during rehearsals.

brucie has now waded in giving his ye olde worlde viewpoint on the whole affair.

there must be a thread i can rant on?

TeamEdwardTango Thu 08-Oct-09 22:20:56

Rant away here...

VicarInaBooTu Thu 08-Oct-09 22:39:56

im really a bit sad about it - i like Anton usually - he always seems nice natured, wonder what on earth he was thinking?!?

wonder what his dance partner has made of it. she is in Primeval...the scientist lady. id be interested to know what her thoughts are before i call for a public flogging...

blinks Thu 08-Oct-09 22:50:09

mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe he's

a. ignorant

b. racist

c. arrogant

in my 36 years in this earth i have managed never to use the word 'paki' unless debating racism.

it's not exactly hard to just NOT SAY IT.

i have no pity for him. an 'unreserved apology' isn't enough and he should be sacked.

nancy75 Thu 08-Oct-09 22:51:14

allegedly he also , at a different incident called her a terrorist - nice guy hmm

blinks Thu 08-Oct-09 23:07:32

utter fanny

Meglet Thu 08-Oct-09 23:12:21

Anton du beke, for example, is a twat

Someone else can have the pleasure of doing the bruce forsythe one.

Pricks.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 08-Oct-09 23:14:28

What did Brucie say?
Oh, never mind, I'll do it anyway.
Bruce Forsyth, for example, is a tapdancing twat.

TeamEdwardTango Thu 08-Oct-09 23:17:51

Brucie basically said it's not like the good old days when we'd laugh about something like this. The Americans used to call us Limeys.

Later he issued a statement saying the use of racist words was unacceptable, but this is blown out of proportion.

paisleyleaf Thu 08-Oct-09 23:19:03

She's from Morrocco too. Not even near Pakistan.

wingandprayer Thu 08-Oct-09 23:22:17

LOL at Lady. Yes spot the before and after the show's PRs got hold him. Hopefully this will signal his retirement. Given Antons comments off camera who leaked this? His dance partner looking for extra coverage? Bit weird and v unlikely. Maybe there been a lot more comments and she just had enough. Someone on show? Unlikely unless he total twat as would lose their job and damage show.

BettyTurnip Thu 08-Oct-09 23:24:21

"Bruce Forsyth, for example, is a tapdancing twat."

Love it!

blinks Thu 08-Oct-09 23:37:54

according to Brucie we should 'get a sense of humour' about the whole thing.

i shall immerse myself in the genius of Roy Chubby Brown and bernard Manning to remind me of what humour REALLY is.

thanks Brucie, for pointing out the errors of my way. all this time i've been angry about racism when i reeeally should have been amused.

i feel so silly.

TeamEdwardTango Thu 08-Oct-09 23:42:15

Anton didn't say she was a P*, but that she used so much fake tan that she looked like one.

LeninGhoul Thu 08-Oct-09 23:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VicarInaBooTu Thu 08-Oct-09 23:50:17

ahhhh so thats ok then!!

dear god....! i quite liked anton...thats a shame.

(please note the irony)

LeninGhoul Thu 08-Oct-09 23:50:18

LeninGhoul Thu 08-Oct-09 23:54:29

Heated Thu 08-Oct-09 23:57:21

Ant du B does has uncomfortably r-wing views, having heard him as a panellist on a couple of programmes.

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 09-Oct-09 00:00:08

Anton do Beke- what ponce!- I heard on the radio the other day that his real name is Anthony Beak!

Apparently when she told him she was not from Pakistan but Morrocco he then asked her if she was a terrorist! (I heard this on radio 4 BTW not some bloke in the pub!)

VicarInaBooTu Fri 09-Oct-09 00:01:25

see ive only ever seen him throwing funny shapes on hole in the wall...

or throwing funny shapes on strictly...

wannaBe Fri 09-Oct-09 12:07:00

Am i the only one that scinically thinks this was all deliberate to get more viewers for strictly esp now that the xfactor live shows are starting? hmm Now that the Alecia (sp?) dixon row has come to nothing they've had to find something else to keep them in the media.

I think it's quite pathetic actually - the lengths they go to, last year it was the john whatever his name is row, then the judge thing and now this. Quite sad when they have to be controvercial to pull in the viewers.

BettyTurnip Fri 09-Oct-09 13:45:02

I did wonder the same thing myself wannaBe, although it could possibly backfire on Tony Beak' career...Big Ron never recovered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now