Talk

Advanced search

'Appallingly evil' sex offender given second 'life' sentence in 13 years

(15 Posts)
SomeGuy Sat 03-Oct-09 17:32:36

news.stv.tv/scotland/127513-appallingly-evil-sex-beast-handed-life-sentence/

"David McMillan, 33, had earlier admitted trying to lure a 14-year-old girl to his flat in Perth - 12 years after he was jailed for breaking into the home of an elderly spinster and raping her.

After his arrest in August last year, McMillan appeared at Perth Sheriff Court and pleaded guilty to a charge of breaching a sexual offences prevention order.

McMillan, formerly of Glenearn Road, Perth, was jailed for life in 1996 after a court heard how he subjected a 73-year-old retired teacher to an sexual ordeal after breaking into her Oban home. But McMillan successfully appealed against the life term which was cut to nine years and was freed in 2002.

He was later made subject of a court order on May 27 last year prohibiting him from "having any unsupervised contact with any female child or accosting or molesting any female child." But between July 28 and August 2 he repeatedly contacted the 14-year-old.

Lord Brodie ruled that McMillan must serve a minimum prison sentence of 18 months."

Since release in 2002, he was caught stalking an 18-year-old girl in 2006, and in 2007 was imprisoned for sexual offences against a 13 year old. Upon his release he went back to the area he had been caught, thereby breaching his curfew, and resulting in him being returned to jail to serve the remainder of his sentence. news.scotsman.com/scotland/Released-rapist--targeted-girl.4808020.jp

madusa Sat 03-Oct-09 18:12:27

bullet in the head

sorted

SardineQueen Sat 03-Oct-09 18:21:45

Someguy you quite often post stories like these with no explanation - why is that? What do you think/why do you find them interesting?

You don't say what your purpose in posting them is?

BiteOfFun Sat 03-Oct-09 18:25:47

All seems a bit prurient to me, I agree SardineQueen.

sarah293 Sat 03-Oct-09 18:27:58

Message withdrawn

SomeGuy Sat 03-Oct-09 19:03:49

What explanation is needed? I am not sure what you're looking for.

It should be obvious from the thread title, including the words 'Appallingly evil', and highlighting his sentencing what my opinion is.

Perhaps I am too subtle.....

PeedOffWithNits Sat 03-Oct-09 19:12:31

some of the sentences handed out to these pervs are laughable

absolute disgrace

GentleOtter Sat 03-Oct-09 19:12:44

There was some sort of legal technicality when he was released the last time despite being deemed as a risk to all women and he was still up to his old tricks in Perth. I have seen him when shopping in Perth and he would change course to follow you for a bit.

Here is the Scotsman's slant. Typical of Johnstone Press to forbid comment.

It is beyond comprehension that this man was allowed to roam free in the streets of Perth. I feel so sorry for his victims including the young girl whom he chased and almost 'got' at her front door. He was under surveillance and the police were watching him that night.

SardineQueen Sat 03-Oct-09 19:13:58

The appallingly evil bit is in quotes so I assumed it was cut and paste from the article rather than a statement of your opinion.

Are you just posting for info or do you want a discussion about it?

Hulababy Sat 03-Oct-09 19:25:28

Life does mean life. It means a life sentence however, not life imprisonment.

bigstripeytiger Sat 03-Oct-09 19:27:23

It says in the article that he appealed against the life term, so presumably would have served longer in prison if the life sentence was allowed to stand.

SomeGuy Sat 03-Oct-09 19:35:24

Yes that's true bigstripeytiger, the Court of Appeal said that 'life' was too long, and hence he was freed in 2002. As hulababy suggests, you can be on a life licence and subject to recall in theory (not sure if things are different in Scotland mind, and exactly how common it is to be recalled and what you have to do).

Still it's very rare that a 'life' sentence results in people staying in prison for anything close to what people would consider a lifetime.

I was watching 'Big Trouble in Thailand' a couple of days ago and they had a British drug dealer with a sophisticated operation yielding millions per year. He was given the light option - 40 years (the alternative I think was death).

GentleOtter Sat 03-Oct-09 20:43:43

This is the BBC report from May 2006

The three appeal judges felt his was an excessive sentence and had it cut to 9 years of which he served half.
So that is 4 1/2 years for the rape of an elderly lady. Shame on the Scottish so called Justice system.

He is a danger to all women and should not be allowed out of prison again.

donnie Sat 03-Oct-09 22:04:16

there is nothing remotely subtle about you Someguy, believe me. Nothing at all. You are an open book, mate.

SomeGuy Sun 04-Oct-09 00:42:05

thanks for that donnie. Really great to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now