Talk

Advanced search

plymouth nursery worker has pleaded guilty to sexual offences...

(134 Posts)
wannaBe Thu 01-Oct-09 11:20:36

They've just announced on bbc that Vanessa George and two others (one man and one woman) have pleaded guilty to child sexual asalts and distribution of images.

shock

wannaBe Thu 01-Oct-09 11:25:16

here

anniemac Thu 01-Oct-09 11:36:53

Message withdrawn

AGoatAteMyUnderpants Thu 01-Oct-09 12:31:44

Message withdrawn

anniemac Thu 01-Oct-09 12:36:41

Message withdrawn

TheFoosa Thu 01-Oct-09 12:37:56

shocking, but probably more prevelant now due to the internet

AGoatAteMyUnderpants Thu 01-Oct-09 12:41:45

Message withdrawn

PeedOffWithNits Thu 01-Oct-09 12:42:57

how awful.Vanessa has kids too, which makes it worse, if thats possible. her poor colleagues at the nursery must feel dreadful that they knew nothing of this. deeply sad and disturbing.

And they had never even met in RL - how the heck do you find "friends" like that....I don't want to know. sad

claricebeansmum Thu 01-Oct-09 12:44:10

And I bet her CRB check was up to date...

anniemac Thu 01-Oct-09 12:45:30

Message withdrawn

wannaBe Thu 01-Oct-09 12:46:38

the worst part is that the parents will never know whether their children were abused. sad In some ways I guess that not knowing must be better, but not knowing must surely also mean that you don't know whether the children were affected by it/might be affected by it in the future. sad

PeedOffWithNits Thu 01-Oct-09 12:48:15

I hope all the children involved are too young to remember this in future.

CaptainUnderpants Thu 01-Oct-09 13:07:24

Well in view of the two police women looking after each others children (in a very safe envioronment ) I wonder what OFSTED now think about this !

it just make you wonder WTF is going on with child care nowadays.

Interesting to see what checks and references that Vanessa geroge had . Up to OFSTED to check that when they inspect .

maybe off at a tengent but OFSTED really pissed me off about the alledge 'childminding' issue.

Mybox Thu 01-Oct-09 13:14:26

Truly awful - they should be put away for life for this.

BrokenBananaTantrum Thu 01-Oct-09 13:20:52

This makes me absolutly sick sick sick. WTF is going on in our world today that people can do this.

I am so sad for the parents and I feel so sorry for the police who have had to deal with this and actually look at these terrible abhorant pictures.

I hope desperatly that these children can not remember what has happened to them and that this does not casue them problems in the future.

kitkat9 Thu 01-Oct-09 13:22:58

a CRB check doesn't neccesarily mean that a person has no criminal past, it might just mean they haven't been caught yet

this story is horrifying, those poor kids, and poor parents.

StrawberriesandCherries Thu 01-Oct-09 13:28:35

You just hear snatches and little things make you feel sicker and sicker - the radio said the evil people hadnt ever seen each other until court today, never met. Just a load of evil faceless people feeding each other through the internet. Those innocent families, it's heartbreaking

Lilyloo Thu 01-Oct-09 13:31:41

How can this woman have done this in a nursery though ?
I find it hard to understand how she would ever have been alone to commit these depraved crimes.
Makes you sick , and how must the parents of those kids feel never knowing sad angry
Sick!!!!!!!!!!

Lilyloo Thu 01-Oct-09 13:32:36

Ah just realised it was the babies sad

UnquietDad Thu 01-Oct-09 13:52:10

And on the radio discussion, it only took the first batch of comments for some ignorant bint to say something along the lines of (cue whiney voice) "Well, what do people expect if they leave their children with people they don't know, you shouldn't have children until you can afford it..."

Never have I wanted so much to administer a slap to the radio.

mosschops30 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:01:48

I watched this on the news earlier and have never been quite so sickened by a news report that contained no graphic info whatsoever. The fact that they couldnt describe anything made it worse.
I also heard that the judge pleaded with her to identify the children she has abused because the pictures were such that they couldnt be identified angry sad

I really hope that these fuckers get locked up for a very very long time, and that their fellow prisoners get made aware of who they are and their crime! Paedophiles or not, they deserve to be tied up on the pavement for parents to do what they wish with.

StrawberriesandCherries Thu 01-Oct-09 14:03:49

UQD shock that is so disgraceful. So the idiot was saying it's the parents fault their children were abused, because they let them go to nursery??? Words fail me.
I hope she was verbally slapped

devotion Thu 01-Oct-09 14:09:00

This is just so sad, makes me feel sick to the stomach.

These kind of people can not be helped, they should be locked away forever.

This is actually one of those situations where I believe in the death penalty.

I know people who are sexually abused are scarred for life, so life for life I say. Hopefully these children will have no recollection of this when older but older children do and it can devastate their lives so why should these people who can not even be human get sent away for a few years moved to an new area with a new identity be allowed to start afresh?

They do not deserve it.

I have to say if anyone harmed ny child like this until my dying day I would plan my revenge to ruin their life. I would be eaten up with anger!

Poor parents who put their trust in this nursery, never would they have expected this. I feel so sorry for the children and families involved.

anniemac Thu 01-Oct-09 14:10:24

Message withdrawn

ThePrettiestStar Thu 01-Oct-09 14:12:34

"but babies are almost genderless, just fluffy, pudgy blobs"

Completely agree with this, great description. This makes it all the more depraved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now