Talk

Advanced search

The Sun is endorsing the Tories

(22 Posts)
squeaver Tue 29-Sep-09 22:04:12

Way to steal GB's thunder, Murdoch.

I thought they always did and The Mirror was the labour rag? Not that I read tabloids.

notnowbernard Tue 29-Sep-09 22:12:29

Curtains for Gordy, then

notnowbernard Tue 29-Sep-09 22:12:57

Mind you, he might only be on his 8th life...

squeaver Tue 29-Sep-09 22:13:39

Not since 97, stripey. They went all Blairy.

daftpunk Tue 29-Sep-09 22:15:18

yep squever; only because they knew the tories had no chance of winning...

squeaver Tue 29-Sep-09 22:17:35

well of course. Not so sure that;s the case now. Also not so sure of how pervasive their influence will be. Interesting.

squeaver Tue 29-Sep-09 22:18:09

I think the Mail is the one to watch this time around.

daftpunk Tue 29-Sep-09 22:24:16

Labour don't stand a chance...

Ahhhhh. Only 12 years behind then. grin

atlantis Wed 30-Sep-09 00:42:58

Why would Murdoch support Labour? Branson supports Labour and has been allowed to buy up all the other cable companies ( the monopoly that no one was supposed to have hmm ? ..) under labour and Branson has paid donated millions to the Labour party for this right. (I'd be pretty miffed too).

Plus Murdoch did back labour in 1997 and white van man (the only one who reads the sun- except of course in Liverpool because they wont read the sun at all there- with good cause- ) votes accordingly.

So that's the working class taken care of, the DM has courted the middle class voters and The Times is the high end.

So yea !!!!!! Conservatives to win the next election. Bring it on.

ABetaDad Wed 30-Sep-09 07:22:48

To be honest I don't think the Sun turning to support the Tories will make any difference to the outcome. More like they are really just endorsing the obvious - if they had done it two years ago that would have been a noteworthy event but not at this late stage in the game.

ssd Wed 30-Sep-09 08:04:40

someone at my work always buys the sun and its the worst paper I've read (not that there is much to read in it)

epithet Wed 30-Sep-09 08:06:58

Love how the Sun always waits until the writing is blatantly on the wall hmm. Such depth of political conviction...

DoNotPressTheRedButton Wed 30-Sep-09 08:11:00

I 8know* that people will be pleaed but this has left me terrified about our future with us being on a low income, I can see us homeless in a year

Bloody nightmare

southeastastra Wed 30-Sep-09 08:13:31

they were just saying on the radio that the sun changing allegiance will hardly make any difference and they're quite fickle anyway

RamblingRosa Wed 30-Sep-09 08:47:20

Stripeyknickers, the Sun's backed labour since the '97 election (even though it's always been a right wing rag...Richard Littlejohn...shudder).

ABetaDad Wed 30-Sep-09 08:51:55

DoNotPress - why will you be homeless?

DoNotPressTheRedButton Wed 30-Sep-09 09:24:42

Because the council messed up our HB and we cannot qualify so every penny of Carers, WTC etc goes on the rent; tiniest drop and we will be out. The paperwork got lost in the post and if it doesn't arrive in a set period they close your claim for good- so since DH was made redundany in May (he satrted Uni last week) we've ahd to find all the rent; i've been trying to fins something that fitsa round our disbled boys but nothing about work wise.

It's too close already financially, we're signed up for another year and a council house means moving away from the catchment of ds3's sn school which he only just atrted and would be a catastrophe.

I suspect the cuts any party will amke will do the same, but don't beleive the Tories are going to give much care about people like us. Our total earned income per week is £50 (DH starting his own business, once he his regs at the end of they year can expancd what he does) and so am scared

daftpunk Wed 30-Sep-09 09:49:57

dnptrb; (think i know who you are)

you're right...wont really matter who wins...massive cuts will have to be made...country is bankrupt...

ABetaDad Wed 30-Sep-09 10:19:32

DoNotPress - that sounds very wrong you lost HB because some docments got lost?

The only way to deal with this is write to your MP, explain the situation and get them to interve on your behalf. You cannot live on £50 per week with disabled children. It is sometimes the only way to get round pig headed bureacracy.

atlantis Wed 30-Sep-09 11:01:00

DNPTRB,

They only close your back claim which does not mean you can not claim again from the period you send in your new forms and paperwork, so start your claim immediately.

Then call your local councillor and explain your circumstances and what went wrong.

Councils have the discretion to back date/ write off a proportion of money, if your councillor is any good they can negotiate this with the benefits department.

Right now all the political parties are geering up for the coming election and want to be seen to be helping, some will even fall over themselves to get the job done, and any run up to an election is the time to get the best help from your local parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now