Talk

Advanced search

So the person who shopped the MP's about their expenses was angry about lack of soldiers equipment.

(12 Posts)
Callisto Fri 25-Sep-09 08:36:50

The "mole" was among workers who processed the MPs' claims, and his colleagues included soldiers who were moonlighting between tours of Afghanistan and Iraq to earn extra cash for body armour and other equipment.

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gvE6ZQtf3MhXEbqIHID0w6LHXuzg

Callisto Fri 25-Sep-09 08:37:33

Of course the Govt are denying everything.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 25-Sep-09 08:58:32

Message withdrawn

scaryteacher Fri 25-Sep-09 09:01:44

Yes, but they still do it.

Callisto Fri 25-Sep-09 09:03:59

Can you imagine having to hold down another part time job just so you can afford basic equipment for a warzone? Or having to blag the equipment from the Yanks?

moondog Fri 25-Sep-09 09:13:16

Even inadequately eqipped it is all costing a fucking fortune.
Meanwhile in my children's school the roof leaks and the kitchen has been closed down as it is too unsafe to use.

southeastastra Fri 25-Sep-09 09:27:39

and mps claim for bird houses...

Callisto Fri 25-Sep-09 11:10:30

The entire annual defense budget pre-financial crash was less than the annual payments to service the national debt. I think it is more disgraceful to send people into a warzone without the right equipment knowing there will be avoidable casualties than having a leaky roof or no kitchen in a school. Also it is the LEA/council budget that is responsible for this rather than central government. Having said that, as one of the 4 trillion dollar economy countries it is a disgrace on both counts.

scaryteacher Fri 25-Sep-09 19:10:26

It sounds like the Married Quarters that some of the soldiers come back to Moondog; add in mould in the bathrooms, condemned boilers and unsafe windows and you'd be about right.

Your solution would be to stop providing the troops with the kit they need so the roof could be mended? Let's hope none of the kids in your school have Dads in Afghanistan.

moondog Fri 25-Sep-09 21:21:49

I take your point re funding obviously (and no of course I wouldn't prioritise a duff kitchen over someone losing a limb. hmm)

Howeverm someone decides how money is to be allotted and I am unhappy with the way it is done.

I find the whole concept of funding people to maim and murder other people utterly regpugnant in any case, whether or not they are 'adequately equipped/protected'..

JandLandG Sat 26-Sep-09 08:10:03

look, they're in the army not a fuckin holiday camp.

the mole sold the story for cash money lucre.

i fully admire all people serving in the forces, but let's not be manipulated into thinking this greedy little shit whose wages we're paying for probably doing fuck all was somehow showing solidarity with his brethren in afghanistan.

this wingeing little fucker should be shopped and locked up. but, it being the public sector and all, they'll never find him out. anyway, he or she would probably just be given a warning e mail as punishment.

the taliban and the likes of italian parliamentarians are probably still laughing into their beer at this story anyway.

sorry to be culturally insensitive. the italians would of course be laughing into their chianti.

JandLandG Sat 26-Sep-09 08:10:37

look, they're in the army not a fuckin holiday camp.

the mole sold the story for cash money lucre.

i fully admire all people serving in the forces, but let's not be manipulated into thinking this greedy little shit whose wages we're paying for probably doing fuck all was somehow showing solidarity with his brethren in afghanistan.

this wingeing little fucker should be shopped and locked up. but, it being the public sector and all, they'll never find him out. anyway, he or she would probably just be given a warning e mail as punishment.

the taliban and the likes of italian parliamentarians are probably still laughing into their beer at this story anyway.

sorry to be culturally insensitive. the italians would of course be laughing into their chianti.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now