Talk

Advanced search

Woman PG and gets PG with second baby....

(16 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Fri 25-Sep-09 08:34:59

here

BitOfFun Fri 25-Sep-09 08:40:26

Spooky dooky. Have never heard of that happening before.

CatIsSleepy Fri 25-Sep-09 08:41:44

wow shock
how very strange

belgo Fri 25-Sep-09 08:43:37

I've always wondered if this was possible.

CharCharGabor Fri 25-Sep-09 08:44:14

How bizarre!

belgo Fri 25-Sep-09 08:45:06

just seen this Woman gives birth to 19lb baby, that baby is heavier then my 11 month old ds!

PeedOffWithNits Fri 25-Sep-09 12:17:46

indeed a very unusual story, but until tests are done they will not know whether infact this was a twin pregnancy and one twin is not developing properly

as for the info that if both are born on their due dates one will be born in 2009 and the other in 2010, how are they going to stop them both being born at the same time???
or indeed the younger one being born first because of their positions??

could they do a CS on one and leave the other in a bit longer??

StrawberrySam Fri 25-Sep-09 13:24:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hf128219 Fri 25-Sep-09 13:27:07

I think the best one was the woman who had non-identical twins by different fathers - one was black and one was white.

DoNotPressTheRedButton Fri 25-Sep-09 13:28:52

Oh this hashappened before but i cannot rememberwhere I read it-age difference was smal enough though so one baby could be born at term and the other just a little prem. I thought I read someone on here was the result of such a pregnancy but may be wrong.

love the 09 /10 thing though- makes it seem mroe special IYSWIM- but cant see why they would leave the younger longer, just a due date thing surely?

TALLULAHBELLEOFTHEBALLROOM Fri 25-Sep-09 18:10:34

Saw this story and immediately thought of an old MN thread where someone claimed this had happened to them. Was greeted with much hilarity - maybe was true after all but hmm

NormaSknockers Fri 25-Sep-09 20:44:01

Blimey shock Well I guess that's one woman who didn't loose her sex drive the second she got pregnant - unlike me who went off sex the moment the blue line appeared on the test!

I remember that hf - was a very strange case wasn't it!

funtimewincies Mon 28-Sep-09 19:02:22

At a 7 week scan with ds (done because of previous ectopic) 2 sacs, poles and heartbeats were seen, but about a week different in gestation and the sonographer said that this was a possibility, that I'd ovulated twice and conceived twice. We'd been trying for a baby, so had been having sex every 2 or 3 days.

As it was, one just wasn't growing and had been reabsorbed by the body by 10 weeks. I suppose it's not that weird that, as your body gets older, it tries to up your chances by sending out more eggs.

Catzee Mon 28-Sep-09 19:35:30

I know somebody this happened to. She has 2 children who were born at the same time, but conceived 3 weeks apart.

campion Tue 29-Sep-09 15:01:29

How can you be sure they were conceived 3 weeks apart?

Few twins are the same size at birth or in utero. I was ( at 6lbs!) 2 1/4lbs lighter than my twin brother but I believe we were conceived at the same time wink

Or maybe that was why I got stuck hmm

It's a bit daft to refer to them as non-twins ( though it might be a better money-spinner!)

Bleh Tue 29-Sep-09 15:56:19

My DM's side of the family swears that this happened to my great aunt. She had twin boys, but when they were born, one was definitely less developed than the other and seemed prem (despite her carrying to full term). It is physically possible, but very rare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now