(50 Posts)
juneybean Thu 24-Sep-09 14:19:23

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=7025719

...umm what?

juneybean Thu 24-Sep-09 14:20:34

abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=7025719

Sorry

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 24-Sep-09 14:25:39

There was a British newsreader (I forget the name blush) investigated by police here some years ago - but at least the children weren't taken away.

Ridiculous over-reaction.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 24-Sep-09 14:27:57

oldlady - fiona bruce was it ?

juneybean Thu 24-Sep-09 14:28:49

I would bet you go through any family albums there'll be at least one nakie picture! It's not child abuse for christ sake, it's to show the future boyfriend lol

comewhinewithme Thu 24-Sep-09 14:28:50

Julia Sommerville I think.

thell Thu 24-Sep-09 14:35:48

I once took a photo of our DD aged about 7 months old, lying on her tummy after a bath. She was holding her head up and grinning, and I thought the curve of her back and cute round baby botty was adorable. It was a profile shot, so you couldn't see anything else.
DH edited her bottom off the picture before he put it on our family photos site.
It was probably very sensible but I thought it was sad that things have come to this.

I feel really angry that those poor girls were away from their parents for a whole month, especially the littlest one.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 24-Sep-09 14:39:29

It was Julia Somerville, yes, thanks Pavlov.

thedollshouse Thu 24-Sep-09 14:40:53

We have naked bathtime photos of ds in our photo album. I am lost for words.

cocolepew Thu 24-Sep-09 14:44:20

FFS. The world's gone mad.

DollyPS Thu 24-Sep-09 15:15:53

FFS speechless

overmydeadbody Thu 24-Sep-09 15:19:39

oh ffs this is ridiculous.

overmydeadbody Thu 24-Sep-09 15:23:38

and to think of all the money and time wasted on this case while there where other childrne being abused by their parents and no one investigating it properly.

JackBauer Thu 24-Sep-09 15:32:42

I took a photo of DD1 lying on her stomach on teh changing table looking out of the window on DH's phone as it was to hand.
He deleted it as he didn't want anyone to find it on his phone and 'think it was pervy'
I honestly nearly cried I thought it was so sad.

PeedOffWithNits Thu 24-Sep-09 17:22:21

what a ridiculous story, perfectly normal family photos.....what about toddlers running naked in the paddling pool or on the beach (not that i do let mine do that) but should parents be scared to photograph their own kids.

what a waste of time and money and so traumatic for that poor family.

(my 2 DDs insist on sharing a bed at the moment, wonder what the authorities would make of that. And shock DS 4.5 still comes into our bed almost every night for a cuddle.....report me now!!)

SomeGuy Thu 24-Sep-09 18:21:45

this is why god invented digital cameras.

I still remember going to get some photos printed off film that included some lingerie shots of DW when we were in Asia. THe photos were missing and I went back thinking they had been nabbed for nefarious ends. They told me they had not printed them because 'this sort of thing is not allowed in this country'. They did print them, but looked rather embarrassed.

sonicxtra Thu 24-Sep-09 19:25:05

The sad truth of life under the Labour party, everyone is guilty of something and they must prove themselves innocent, we are all perv's and must be watched, investigated and monitored.

Someone please tell them that 1984 was a fictional novel not a blueprint for society.

notevenamousie Thu 24-Sep-09 19:28:45

Oh dear. I don't print or save truly naked shots but I have some gorgeous ones of (my sister and I!!!) my dd and my dnephew that are my most treasured pictures.

lynniep Thu 24-Sep-09 19:32:25

'If anyone is a pervert it's the walmart employee. ' - comment by a reader of that article. I agree. How on earth could anyone read anything into innocent photos like that? I understand that the allegations had to be investigated once reported, but I'm speechless that child protection could remove these children based on photographs seen in that article.

HerBeatitude Thu 24-Sep-09 19:33:15

sonicxtra the tories were in power at the time Julia Somerville was persecuted and the current story happened in Arizona where New Labour has no jurisdiction.

I'm very pleased to see that the couple concerned are suing the ass off everyone. I hope they win.

HerBeatitude Thu 24-Sep-09 19:34:08

Real paedophiles don't get their photos developed in Boots or Walmart.

God these people are stupid.

LyraSilvertongue Thu 24-Sep-09 19:37:42

OMG that's utterly ridiculous. They're even wrapped in towels fgs. Unless they cropped the pictures.
I've got pictures of my boys in the bath as I'm sure does every family in the land.

LyraSilvertongue Thu 24-Sep-09 19:39:25

grin at sonicxtra blaming something that happened in the States of Labour.

LyraSilvertongue Thu 24-Sep-09 19:39:48

on Labour.

Disenchanted3 Thu 24-Sep-09 19:45:06

Thats horrifying.

Those poor people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now