Talk

Advanced search

Electricity Pylons

(8 Posts)
Polgara2 Sun 05-Jun-05 21:24:26

What does everyone think about the latest scare about living too close to pylons? Would you move to a house that is say 150-200 m away from a pylon? New build house we have seen is

Twiglett Sun 05-Jun-05 21:31:52

there's far more research to be done and the numbers potentially affected are tiny

but honestly, no I wouldn't live anywhere near a pylon if I could help it

tiddlypom Sun 05-Jun-05 21:55:53

No, sorry.

suedonim Sun 05-Jun-05 22:04:40

No, I wouldn't. Irrespective of whether they do or don't cause illness, the seed of doubt has been planted in people's minds, which I think would devalue a house and make it harder to sell in future.

Hulababy Sun 05-Jun-05 22:06:15

Have to say that I don't think that I would. Also, especially in rainy/windy weather they can be quite noisy - you can definitely hear the sound of the electrivity at times.

beansontoast Sun 05-Jun-05 22:10:50

i know of the bad press they get..but im not sure of what the effects of living close to a pylon are?
can someone fill me in

we live right near one and whats more the school that i went to is even closer to it.so thats 34 yrs almost nonstop pylon vibes commin at me!
be gentle.

beansontoast Sun 05-Jun-05 22:11:33

oh and house prices ridiculously high cos of brill school.

Polgara2 Tue 07-Jun-05 21:28:27

Sorry haven't been able to get back to this til now. In a mad frenzy of house tidying . You're just echoing my thoughts really - oh buggar - back to searching for somewhere else we like then. Good job it wasn't our dream house. This house moving business is way, way too hard!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now