Talk

Advanced search

Woman acquited after alleged "romp" on flight...

(17 Posts)
Georgimama Wed 16-Sep-09 21:38:49

So what, if anything, does anyone think about this story?

Part of me thinks she sounds like a complete twozzock, but I'm not sure that being a twozzock merits prosecution, and the bloke she was allegedly cavorting with wasn't prosecuted....

I hate to say it, but it seems like she was prosecuted for being a single mother who had a few drinks on a flight.

mamijacacalys Wed 16-Sep-09 22:05:13

My thoughts exactly Georgimama... I also wondered why the bloke was not prosecuted and then wondered if someone would start a thread on MN about this wink

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 16-Sep-09 22:09:33

I cannot understand why she was prosecuted and not him, when they both appear to have been doing the same thing. More details needed.

margotfonteyn Thu 17-Sep-09 08:14:29

Both sound as bad as each other. His girlfriend was a bit annoyed though

Seriously, though, I can't imagine 'cavorting' with another passenger whilst in sole charge of toddler........

duelingfanjo Thu 17-Sep-09 08:28:33

In the story I read she got changed on the plane and they were accusing her of stripping off which I think was a bit unfair. They also said she didn't notice her baby's nappy needed changing and so the air hostesses did it and then in the next line of the article it said she allowed the baby to walk around without a nappy on! Is that a crime? Perhaps the airhostesses couldn't keep hold of the child once the nappy was off?

southeastastra Thu 17-Sep-09 08:35:21

from what i've read, she seems like a spoilt drunk brat who was rude and abusive to staff on that plane and basically neglected her child.

suprised she's been acquitted maybe something to do with being part of a famous family. hmm can't see them letting sharon from a flight from majorca being let off similar charges.

duelingfanjo Thu 17-Sep-09 08:36:58

but would you want Sharon from a flight from Majorca to be let off?

TheShriekingHarpy Thu 17-Sep-09 08:42:03

Message withdrawn

margotfonteyn Thu 17-Sep-09 08:48:28

Yes, I would think the acquittal will have been something to do with the calibre of the defending barrister paid for by Guinness family or whatever. Even she seemed to be incredulous she 'got off'. What fun!

Agree with southeastastra. Bet she was driving the air staff absolutely mad, and neglecting her toddler. Hardly a 'poor single mum' scenario methinks.

TheShriekingHarpy Thu 17-Sep-09 08:48:42

Message withdrawn

Nancy66 Thu 17-Sep-09 10:02:13

Why did the staff keep giving her drinks?

OrmIrian Thu 17-Sep-09 10:07:38

"I was a bit relaxed but I was certainly very together. I was exhausted beyond belief. "I was really, really tired. I would say I was suffering from sleep deprivation at this point."

Yeah hmm Very tired and emotional. The only ref I could see to the bloke was her 'allowing' him to fondle her. She was the rude, noisy drunk.

EldonAve Thu 17-Sep-09 10:20:15

I'm amazed she was acquitted
They don't usually get the police to arrest you on arrival if you are just a little bit tipsy

orientalrug Thu 17-Sep-09 15:18:48

Exactly. I wouldn't have thought anyone would waste their time or money bringing the case to court either.

Anyone flying on their own with toddler from India to UK would be 'tired'. That's no excuse.

I suspect she is rich and privileged enough to have had a very good barrister, hence the acquittal. Good job she didn't have me on the jury.

EldonAve Fri 18-Sep-09 18:54:14

story here it appears they were cleared on a technicality - they were not in British airspace at the time

Morloth Fri 18-Sep-09 18:59:55

I friggen' hate people who fuck around on planes. It is such a confined space that you can make everyone around you very very miserable.

Both of them should get a hefty fine and a short jail sentence - a couple of days where they are subjected to annoying people for hours on end but have to remain sober themselves.

hatesponge Fri 18-Sep-09 19:04:55

As I understand it, she wasn't drunk when she was breathalysed by the police on arrival in the UK therefore no offence committed.

I did also read somewhere that the airline (Kingfisher) is owned/sponsored by Kingfisher lager and as such alcohol is cheaper/more available than on flights with other airlines.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now