Talk

Advanced search

Words fail me - sensitive, child abuse

(45 Posts)
RedAction Sat 12-Sep-09 14:36:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magicOC Sat 12-Sep-09 14:53:38

How can the mother allow this to happen????

I'm sorry, but, I would have called for help aand even taken the beating myself rather than let that happen.

OK nothing is ever an open and shut case, but, i'm still shocked she admits to "letting" it happen

BethNoire Sat 12-Sep-09 14:55:44

Ugh, sickening people. Mum doesn't look right- eyes seem very distant perhaps, makes you wonder what abuse she'd been subjected to herself- but it is never ever ever OK to allow a child to be ahrmed to spare yourself.

As for the men involved we have a word back home for them- scrotes. Dehumanised, cruel, rapist scum.

Disenchanted3 Sat 12-Sep-09 14:58:50

That made eme feel sick,

im sorry but SHE is a sicko too,

I would die, i would be beaten to death before allowing someone to do that to my daughter,

and she had sex in the same room at the same time as her daughter being...?

OMG fucking sickos,

Disenchanted3 Sat 12-Sep-09 14:59:50

'scared of being beaten...??'

Iwould have gone in with a bat and beaten all of them,

jesus that poor poor girl

im crying

Callisto Sat 12-Sep-09 15:05:17

How utterly horrible - how can the mother have allowed this? I would rather be beaten to a pulp trying to stop this than sit back and allow any 10 year old girl go through such a thing.

dittany Sat 12-Sep-09 15:09:02

RedAction Sat 12-Sep-09 18:17:15

RedAction Sat 12-Sep-09 18:21:08

SqueezyCheese Sat 12-Sep-09 18:21:30

Horrific.

Nancy66 Sat 12-Sep-09 19:37:18

It was the stepfather - which doesn't really come as any surprise.

Sadly there are always going to be women who put having a man above and beyond the needs or care of their child.

PuzzleRocks Sat 12-Sep-09 19:41:20

My mother was beaten by my father for years She lived in fear of him but I know, without a shadow of a doubt, she would have cut his throat before she stood by and let something like that happen.
I so hope that poor woman can rebuild her life.

atlantis Sat 12-Sep-09 19:48:06

I think the old saying "I would die to protect my child" is what decent parents feel and would do, f* most of us would step in for any child and run the risk of dying, this woman is obviously void of any kind of feeling.

lou33 Sat 12-Sep-09 19:53:13

am i reading the report correctly, it says she had sex with her h in the same room as her daughter was being raped?!

and more than once

dittany Sat 12-Sep-09 19:54:00

lou33 Sat 12-Sep-09 19:58:47

absolutely dittany

RedAction Sat 12-Sep-09 20:05:25

EldonAve Sat 12-Sep-09 20:12:21

previous press coverage says he died in 1995

PeedOffWithNits Sat 12-Sep-09 21:08:12

what a horrific story!

some people are so depraved

paisleyleaf Sat 12-Sep-09 21:22:07

BethNoire: "Mum doesn't look right- eyes seem very distant perhaps, makes you wonder what abuse she'd been subjected to herself"

That's the girl....she's 29 now.

dittany Sat 12-Sep-09 21:27:13

Squidmission Sat 12-Sep-09 21:44:07

The article linked by EldonAve says the mother had suffered long term abuse and had learning difficulties.

What a horrible, horrible story. The poor girl suffered from abuse for 12 years. Just can't bear to think about it.

madusa Sun 13-Sep-09 19:52:22

dreadful

There is no way that I would allow someone to hurt my children. Ever.

No man is worth that.

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 13-Sep-09 19:59:59

Message withdrawn

TwoIfBySea Sun 13-Sep-09 21:37:26

That woman Dana is utterly courageous, I remember the previous trial, of the neighbours who abused her. It would seem that the mother didn't really bother how many men had their way with her little girl.

The details are here and obviously going to upset people as it is worse than this story. Sorry for people who are anti-DM but I couldn't find the Scotsman article. When I read it I felt ill, all those years. The mother deserves something more punishing than jail as do the perverts in that ring.

Dana Fowley should make anyone who dares complain about their childhood shut up - what she went through and what she has done to see justice happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now