Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

11 year old boy admits raping 9 year old boy

(47 Posts)
SomeGuy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:17:33

www.sunderlandecho.com/news/Boy-11-raped-nineyearold-boy.5626598.jp

"A schoolboy was just 11 when he raped a nine-year-old boy, he has admitted.

The youth, from Sunderland, was on bail for the sexual assault of two girls under the age of 13, when the rape took place.

Since then three other girls under the age of 13 have come forward with claims he sexually assaulted them.

The child has also pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering after two bantams were killed at allotments.
After he is sentenced he is expected to be tried for the five alleged sex offences and sentenced for the animal cruelty charge.

In court yesterday Judge Bolton, sitting as a district judge, said: "Everyone wants to have a look at you, I'm afraid, to see if we can find out what made you behave like this because, at some stage, I have to decide what I am going to do with you and what I decide depends very much on what people say.

"At your very young age I want to make sure this doesn't happen again and that may mean you have to stay where you are for some time – a very long time.

"I need to know all about you, as much as I can about you."

The hearing was adjourned for reports and sentencing is expected to take place at Newcastle Crown Court in October."

I agree with the judge. How does an 11 year old end up like this?

Reallytired Tue 08-Sep-09 17:21:33

Its sad. No child is born evil and this lad needs substantial help. Prehaps this child has been raped as well.

I can't help thinking that his parents should be facing charges as well.

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 17:23:18

God. How totally sad.

Hulababy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:28:53

Accoring to the linked report the parents of the boy have agreed to tests as to what is causing his behaviour. Obviously if it turns out they are part of the cause then questions will be asked, or should be, and maybe they will also face charges. However, they may not be the cause - as yet we don't know.

He is also no longer on bail.

5 sexual assaults on other children by the age of 11y is truely awful, plus animal cruely too. There has to be something causing such dreadful behaviour in a young child.

And yes he does need help himself, bt he does also need punishments - a consequence for his own behaviour.

And the victims of his crimes need support and help too, which I hope they are getting.

sorky Tue 08-Sep-09 17:29:13

No love, is how this happens. How utterly horrid for all concerned

SomeGuy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:30:38

> Accoring to the linked report the parents of the boy have agreed to tests as to what is causing his behaviour.

I expect they are happy to divert attention from themselves for a few weeks at least.

> Obviously if it turns out they are part of the cause then questions will be asked, or should be, and maybe they will also face charges.

Has that EVER happened?

Hulababy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:35:24

I have no idea, but do feel it is unfair at this point to say that the parents must be the ones at fault and should face charges. SAt the moment we have no idea at all about this child or his family, his living conditions, etc. I simply prefer not to point the fingers this prematurely.

PeedOffWithNits Tue 08-Sep-09 17:36:21

I agree with sorky, this boy has obviously NOT had the nurturing upbringing every child deserves. Nurturing, loving parents would have been seeking help for their childs violent behaviour long ago, if they could not control it themselves

How do people think their DC will turn out if they swear at them and allow them to watch/play violent games and videos from age 3 (NOT that i am specifically refering to this family, as we do not know)

BUT he is still old enough, however damaged/neglected etc, to know right from wrong

JodieO Tue 08-Sep-09 17:36:37

I don't believe that every child behaving in that way has "issues", I do think that some people are just born that way. Let's just blame the parents as usual instead.

Hulababy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:41:02

At a previous hearing, when the boy was charged, only his mother and grandmother were present. There was no mention of his father.

PeedOffWithNits Tue 08-Sep-09 17:43:43

Jodie, I am not saying he was not born that way, there may well be something medically "wrong" with his chemical make up, we don't know - however, if so, there must have been some very disturbing signs which any reasonable parent would have wanted to address.

Hulababy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:47:35

We do not know what his parents have been doing about his behaviour. He was already on bail for 2 sexual assualts on girls, when this assault on the boy occured. But we do not know if other measures had been taken, whether he was seeing annyone regarding his behaviour or any "issues" he might have had.

Reallytired Tue 08-Sep-09 17:54:10

I don't believe a child is ever born that evil. I would argue that at the age of eleven his behaviour is evil, rather than the child himself.

Prehaps the child does have issues, but he also has knowledge to carry out those sort of crimes. Most children at the age of eleven do not have the concept of sexual assult. It makes me think he has probably been repeatly raped by someone else.

Even children with conditions like ADHD do not normally grow to behave like that. Eleven years old is incredibly young to be committing those sorts crimes.

LynetteScavo Tue 08-Sep-09 17:58:05

For once people are really giving this kid the benefit of the doubt.

He's raped other children and killed bantams.

he obviously needs lots of help, not just locking up.

If my DS had killed to birds, let alone anything else I would be beside myself.

sad

Hulababy Tue 08-Sep-09 17:58:23

It is also true however that the child may very well not have been raped himself for him to be aware of such sexual behaviour.

Magazines, books, the Internet, DVDs, etc all are available which show such things, which he may have seen.

He may have heard of these things from older children or adults.

He may have seen these actions taking place somehow.

However, even if he himself has been abused or has witnessed sexual acts occuring, it does not mean the parents must be the ones to be the blame.

Cesario Tue 08-Sep-09 18:01:53

JodieO
How can a child be born evil?
can you give me research that says this happens?
as everthing points to nurture not nature.

ANd yes why not finger pint at the parents? A good place to start

abra1d Tue 08-Sep-09 18:13:47

I'm starting to believe that children from this kind of family should just be taken into care at birth, like the Barnado's boss says.

I never thought a libertarian like me would say such a thing and I feel very sad.

But let's just guess the family background of this boy (I haven't read the newspaper article).

His mother and father won't be in a settled relationship.

His mother probably has children by many different men, none of whom have stayed in her life in any meaningful way.

There is drinking/drugs in his family.

Nobody in his family works.

Am I right? Off to check...

SomeGuy Tue 08-Sep-09 18:21:01

abra1d: I tend to judge in this sort of way, and a way it is quite reassuring when your prejudices are confirmed (as in 'my god, what scummy parents, I wouldn't dream of bringing up my own children that way'), in another very depressing.

At the moment however there doesn't seem to be much information about who this boy is and what his background is.

I suspect however that this crime fits the news zeitgeist following the Doncaster brothers, and it may be picked up in tomorrow's papers.

lljkk Tue 08-Sep-09 18:25:03

I reckon ppl are too quick to blame parents for relatively minor stuff, ie -- they're blamed for not micro-managing every moment of their child's life.

But this is seriously f&cked up sh*t the boy has been getting up to. Either there's a severe organic anomaly in his brain or he's had some awful abuse handed out to him.

AnAuntieNotAMum Tue 08-Sep-09 18:28:26

Jodie - do you seriously believe that this child was born evil and got it in his head to carry out sexual assaults and kill animals while being brought up in a normal environment?

You can be sure that this child has been exposed to abuse and violence. It is very sad.

cory Tue 08-Sep-09 20:04:44

there was a case when I was on holiday this summer: much older boy, in fact a young man, who committed a whole series of acts of animal torture

turned out parents (both parents, who did not meet any of abraid's stereotypes) had been asking for help from mental health services for years and none had materialised

it's not always the parents' fault

JodieO Wed 09-Sep-09 09:25:08

Well it isn't nurture not nature though, that's still under debate by many scientists iirc. Personally I believe that it's usually a mixture of both but that some people are just born with it in them. Just as we're all different, personality wise, then this is just one part of that spectrum. I'm not saying that parental influence would never come into play but the immediate response shouldn't be to just blame the parents.

You cannot be sure of anything, some people just do start off like that and actually enjoy harming animals and then people etc.

bethoo Wed 09-Sep-09 09:39:03

he sounds like a sociopath to me and sadly no amount of good nurturing is going ot change your brain chemistry. no amount of love could change that boy if it is the case he has a mental condition.
seems that my children have bene written off here to some degree since i am a single parent and have three children (well almost) to two different fathers and the reason i am a single mother is cos the first father was int ohis drug use and i chose not to be with someone like that for the sake of hte children.
many people who become killers started off torturing animals and it usually turns out they are sociopath/psychopaths and alot came from good parents and a good education.

CNFT Wed 09-Sep-09 09:44:45

testing

CNFT Wed 09-Sep-09 09:50:53

I just want to say that it isn't always the parents fault.

My son, now 16, sexually abused his two younger siblings and a cousin, all male. He was at the time 11 or 12, and the children involved were 2, 4 and 5. To our knowledge the abuse took place over a period of around a year.

My son comes from a very average background, and while his behaviour could always have been described as challenging we could never have anticipated that he would abuse his brothers.

My husband and I loved (and still love!!) our son every day of his life. He was always told how much we loved him and we tried to help him with the issues he had.

We still don't know why he did it. We know he was never sexually or phsically abused himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now