Talk

Advanced search

Looks like Gordy told a bit of a fib about Libya...

(10 Posts)
Ewe Wed 02-Sep-09 22:00:39

order-order.com/2009/09/02/fox-report-accuses-gordon-brown-of-lying-over-libya/

Full report coming out tomorrow it would seem. Bad move and bad timing!

KIMItheThreadSlayer Wed 02-Sep-09 22:19:08

While I do think this evil terrorist man should have been left to rot and not let out, I do think the yanks are such hypocrites, they spent years supporting the IRA and it was only when they got a taste of terrorism with the towers they go on over drive and take the moral high ground on everything.

Also if I have to read another report about the people on flight 103 and not a mention of the Scottish people on the ground I will scream.
The USA is so insular everything is all about them and no one else

TheCrackFox Wed 02-Sep-09 22:23:51

Gordon, lying, surely not. hmm

Saltire Wed 02-Sep-09 22:28:33

I don't think he should have been let out either, but was in a minority on the thread about it.

Callisto Thu 03-Sep-09 08:15:50

At first I thought he should have been let out, but having read a very balanced and sensible article in the Economist I've changed my mind and think he should have been left to die in jail. Perhaps it was because Mandy had his sinister, stirring hands in the whole thing and as an unelected official I don't think he should have the kind of power he obviously weilds (but that's another thread).

As for GB lying - when hasn't he? He is a compulsive liar, he can't not lie it seems.

AvrilH Thu 03-Sep-09 12:10:52

I don't think you can really ignore doubts about his guilt. He was convicted on the flimsiest of evidence imaginable. The whole thing leaves a bad taste.

AtheneNoctua Thu 03-Sep-09 13:34:04

But there is a procedure for challenging a conviction which is not just. And that is not what happened.

Obviously, if he had nothing to do with bombing that flight killing the people on it -- and le us not forget the Scottish people on the ground! -- then he should not have been in jail.

But, there was no dispute of his guilt in the reason whyhe was set free. It compassion for his his "dying" days. I just don't have any compassion for terrorists. He should have been left to rot. Actually,m the only justice I can really see is if someone had blow up his plane in route back to Libya (after the crew skydived out of course).

atlantis Thu 03-Sep-09 15:00:53

The real shocker would be if Gordon Brown and co ever told the truth.

As for the 'justice' system in this country, it's a joke.

MrsEricBanaMT Sun 06-Sep-09 15:57:45

Fuck me that link is a joke. I could post that my four year old thinks Brown is a liar and you would all agree.

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Sun 06-Sep-09 16:00:11

oh my god, a link to fox news as fact. ye gods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now