Talk

Advanced search

Why did this happen to the poor child!!

(10 Posts)
welshone51 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:17:34

I am not sure if this has already been covered here but I was shocked and appalled by this young childs death at the hands of her stepfather.
The link is here-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/6117499/Girl-found-dead-in-lorry-drivers-cab-named- as-Stacey-Lawrence.html

(You may need to copy and paste this link)

It is believed that there may have been a sexual motive for the murder as noone close to her can think of any other reason why her stepfather murdered her!
The childs mother is absolutely stunned and devastated as we can all imagine.

What a tragic loss of a child's life sad

5inthebed Tue 01-Sep-09 22:20:16

as-Stacey-Lawrence.html Link here

How sad sad her poor mother.

welshone51 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:24:01

Thanks for the link 5!! x

MPearl Tue 01-Sep-09 22:43:59

Her 'step-father' had only been with the mother for a year, according to the news - which only goes to show, you can never be too sure....

junglist1 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:46:20

one line of enquiry is that previous lorry trips were used to groom her, he was either a predator or had a severe psychotic break. Poor kid

beanieb Tue 01-Sep-09 22:49:38

Has any of this been confirmed yet? it could be that it was none of those things, I do hope so sad

Feenie Tue 01-Sep-09 22:54:13

He had been in trouble with the police for domestic violence, and they were in the process of getting divorced, apparently - according to the police.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 09:52:53

That is so sad. the poor mother will be blaming herself till the day she dies.

edam Wed 02-Sep-09 10:05:00

Terrible that he moved on from one victim (his ex) to another. Clearly an evil man. Do wish Stacey's mother could have been warned about his past - if she'd known, I'm sure she would have been very wary of allowing a violent man into her life and her daughter's life.

PeedOffWithNits Fri 04-Sep-09 12:07:57

all very sad indeed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now