Talk

Advanced search

I am shocked, I live here, this is disgusting!

(7 Posts)
Deeeja Wed 26-Aug-09 20:10:27

www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/aug/25/redbridge-council-racist-document-schools

GypsyMoth Wed 26-Aug-09 20:15:05

it was a mistake.....and apologised for....what more can they do?

ElfOnTheTopShelf Wed 26-Aug-09 20:26:40

that not the worst thing that councils have done.
Wasn't there a council recently who are refusing to pay compensation despite the fact they have been found guilty for not cleaning up a steel work environment and pregnant women have had children with illnesses/"deformaties" due to the exposure?

(am really sorry if that is not the PC term, its what I heard on the radio the other day for this news story)

GypsyMoth Wed 26-Aug-09 20:28:37

yes,thats right. i saw that too. it was bad,not very pleasant,but things like fingers missing at birth..

ElfOnTheTopShelf Wed 26-Aug-09 20:30:05

I hadn't heard all the details behind it, and had meant to search when I got home but had forgotten until now.
I thought when I heard the council people talking that it was a bit bad and shirking their responsiblity.

Fruitbeard Thu 27-Aug-09 09:26:07

Hey Deeeja, I live there too!

But knowing Redbridge council as I do, it doesn't surprise me. They appear to be staffed solely by incompetent jobsworths....

edam Sat 29-Aug-09 11:46:40

Good grief. Not sure it was a mistake given there were longer words in the same horizontal position on the page, on lines below.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now