Talk

Advanced search

Vogue model sues Google over 'defamatory' blog

(23 Posts)
StripeySuit Wed 19-Aug-09 17:10:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

courtneylovescox Wed 19-Aug-09 17:13:14

i think good for her too. bet everyone is quaking in the amanda holden thread though shock

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 20:25:33

a gesture of support here, stripey. dislike the action, the words, the attitudes, but don't attack the person.

its what we try to teach our children, it should apply to adults too. I'm sure I don't always manage it, but it is something to strive for.

<<santimonious post over>>

BadgersArse Wed 19-Aug-09 20:26:03

haahah! that is RICH on mumsnet

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 20:26:21

sorry, meant sanctimonious

<<but always lovely to have a chance to hear my own voice again!>>

BadgersArse Wed 19-Aug-09 20:26:57

that "attakc the behaviour nto the person" is so old hat though teachign wise
imo the person has to take responsibility for their actions

harleyd Wed 19-Aug-09 20:31:44

christ, look at some of the threads on here slagging off slebs...

mnhq beware

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 20:35:08

yeah well, Badger, it works for me. If someone attacks my point of view I feel fine, if someone attacks me personally, I feel like shit.

I didn't realise it is old hat.
I agree that children should take responsibility for their actions, but calling children on bad behaviour should not an opportunity to feel them bad about themselves.

edam Wed 19-Aug-09 20:43:24

Seems fair enough to me.

atlantis Wed 19-Aug-09 20:51:40

Probably another modle like Naiomi Campbell or someone.

But this is wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

If google are forced to revealing the identity of the blogger then that opens the way to any person being spied on or sued who goes onto the internet.

It's bad enough that governments are trying to create a big brother senario by reading our mail and watching everything we do without the adverage 'joe' on the net.

If this woman were an ordinary person I would have sympathy for her but she has choosen to parade herself in the public light, she knows what fame and fortune brings, she has to take the down side as well as the up, so boo hoo, give up your career and disappear, or just stop reading the blog.

MaggieBeauLeo Wed 19-Aug-09 20:55:05

I feel sorry for her, but it is just one nutter who is saying this stuff. ANnoying. But I bet it's not a 'friend'. It'd be somebody who fixed her gas boiler in 1992 and she wasn't friendly enough. Something like that. You have to live with it...

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 21:04:20

Its a tricky one though, one the one hand, you can think, yeah, just some nutter, and when it relates to a model, you think, whatever...who cares anyway, brush it off and get on with your life.

If you have something slightly more serious to do with your life, then someone telling everyone you are slut/slag,/arms dealer/baby eater, it seems a bit more serious.

But then, forcing bloggers to reveal their identity if their live under repressive regimes is tantamount to colluding with tyranny...

Disenchanted3 Wed 19-Aug-09 21:06:46

Badgers Arse are you cod? hmm

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 21:21:41

being a relative newcomer, I take it that `Cod was a particularly arsey opinionated Mn of bygone days?

BadgersArse Wed 19-Aug-09 21:35:15

i bet the person who slagged said model has been busy ever since making her self BUFF

arf

imgaine the shame if she is a two headed troll!!!

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 21:42:50

badger, I warm to you.

AbricotsSecs Wed 19-Aug-09 21:46:19

Message withdrawn

PitysSake Wed 19-Aug-09 21:48:53

god yes
model slagged as ugly by er ugly person

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 22:11:58

well, its hard to imagine another supermodel behind it - not for the nastiness angle, you understand, but possibly, allegedl,y for the thinking about another person for more than a nanosecond angle , allegedly.

madameDefarge Wed 19-Aug-09 22:12:48

oh dear, have slightly undermined my holier than thou stance. Mea Culpa.

PitysSake Wed 19-Aug-09 22:23:49

grin

scottishmummy Thu 20-Aug-09 09:09:37

i am not quaking about holden she is 100% gammon.total ham actress

MaggieBeauLeo Thu 20-Aug-09 17:51:44

people said that gammon was a mean bitch to somebody a lot more vulnerable... and that is merely fact though. INnnit? manda!?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: