Talk

Advanced search

Elephant cruelty

(7 Posts)
HolyGuacamole Wed 19-Aug-09 13:44:51

Here

Fucking bastards! Grrr, there's not much that makes me swear (apologies) but can't abide animal cruelty!!! angry

dailymailIsPerfectAsaPoopScoop Wed 19-Aug-09 13:51:18

made me feel physcially sick when i saw it. I will never go to a circus because of those very reasons.

Am also particular about certain zoos

HolyGuacamole Wed 19-Aug-09 13:52:34

and this, the circus concerned, 2nd comment down about bringing elephants back into UK circuses. Yeah right.

angry

harleyd Wed 19-Aug-09 13:53:00

that is sick
i wish people would stop paying money to go to these things

lankyesme Thu 20-Aug-09 22:20:35

Awful, cruel and pointless. Entertainment? FFS?????? angry

edam Fri 21-Aug-09 10:28:06

Someone who I suspect was from the 'Great British Circus' (hah!) posted here ages ago trying to drum up support for elephants in circuses. Think everyone said 'bog off'.

We take ds to the Moscow state and Chinese state circuses when they come to our town - no animals, just fantastic human acts.

HolyGuacamole Fri 21-Aug-09 16:21:01

OK, confession.

I wrote to my MP to complain about animal circuses and got a reply saying that a 'circus working group' was set up by the Govt to look at all of the issues surrounding performing animals in this country. The group found that there was no evidence to support the banning of animals being used to perform sad

My MP did however say that she would be 100% against any animal circus applying for a license to perform in our county, so I guess that is something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now