Talk

Advanced search

Child jumps out of stolen car.

(42 Posts)
sunfleurs Sat 15-Aug-09 10:21:15

Here. I have posted before on all the things that could go wrong if you even leave your child in the car for a few seconds. I concluded I was a bit OTT and in fact a bit of a nutter grin, but now I feel totally vindicated. What a horrible experience for this little boy.

cazboldy Sat 15-Aug-09 13:07:28

stupid stupid woman angry

poor little boysad

blinks Sat 15-Aug-09 13:12:10

oh come on.

it sounds like she was very near the car when it happened.

Starbear Sat 15-Aug-09 13:14:05

What a shockley stupid error. Why or why do people leave their keys in the car even if there are no kids or stuff. I don't even leave my boy in the car when I pay for petrol with keys in my hand,I know it's a bit extra but he is the most valuable thing in my life I wouldn't leave a diamond ring on the dash board then why a kid in the car!

cornsillk Sat 15-Aug-09 13:14:36

Agree with blinks

PrincessToadstool Sat 15-Aug-09 13:16:32

This is nothing like leaving your car locked/engine off while you pay for petrol. Nothing like it.

Starbear Sat 15-Aug-09 13:19:04

Still, won't do it. As I said I'm a bit extra on this point. As I don't like to lock my kid in the car.

blinks Sat 15-Aug-09 13:27:36

some of us have got more than one child starbear.

Bleatblurt Sat 15-Aug-09 13:30:23

Isn't it illegal to leave your car engine running and leave it? Not that that's what this is about, just an added extra. wink

aGalChangedHerName Sat 15-Aug-09 13:34:47

What difference does having more than one child make?

sherby Sat 15-Aug-09 13:35:38

how ridiculous, she was obviously within sight of the car

stupid maybe to leave the engine running, but honestly lol at taking your children into the petrol station to pay, you do realise its probably more dangerous to walk them across a petrol forecourt than it is to lock them in the car for 2 mins where you can see them the whole time

PinkTulips Sat 15-Aug-09 13:36:44

tbf, it sounds like she was right next to the car when it happened, she parked the car with the engine running and got out and stood near by, maybe talking to someone for a minute?

I personally don't ever leave the keys in the car but that honestly has more to do with trusting my kids than anything to do with theft wink

sherby Sat 15-Aug-09 13:37:23

it makes a diff because if you have more than one child you have to get one out then walk around the car to get the other/s.

what are you going to do with the first one, leave them on the other side of the car in a busy forecourt? take them with you and still take yours eyes off them whilst you are getting the other one out?

forecourts are dangerous, they are more likely to get run over than be involved in a car theft incident

blinks Sat 15-Aug-09 13:38:06

hmmm weeeeel if you have three, four or five children, should you cart them out of the car every time you get petrol or drop one of your children outside school or walk one of them over the road?

let's be realistic.

sherby Sat 15-Aug-09 13:38:39

I leave the DC in the car all the time to go to cashpoint, into shop, pay for petrol

My kids would be pissed off if they had to get in and out of car everytime I needed too hmm you lock the doors and tell them to ignore anybody talking to them

aGalChangedHerName Sat 15-Aug-09 13:38:49

I am a CM and i always get the mindees and my own dc out for the school run.

Imagine if i posted to ask if it's ok to leave the minded kids in the car? Wonder if you would all be saying it was ok?

PinkTulips Sat 15-Aug-09 13:41:54

'What difference does having more than one child make?'

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Really? What differance does having 2 kids or more make? Well you no longer have any hands free, you have a child on either side of you to watch out for, they're usually fighting, you have 2 or more pulling at things on shelves inside. Not to mention getting 3 kids into and out off carseats is slightly more arduous than doing so with one.

Like sherby says, it is far more dangerous for me to take 2 kids and a baby across the forecourt with me than to lock them in the car strapped safely into their seats.

sherby Sat 15-Aug-09 13:42:23

um yes

blinks Sat 15-Aug-09 13:42:24

we're not talking about doing the school run. by the sounds of it she was beside or very close to the car.

do you take all your mindees into the petrol station? if you forgot something back at the house and just needed to nip in and get it, parking directly outside your house, would you take them all in with you and back out again after?

aGalChangedHerName Sat 15-Aug-09 13:44:01

Hmm yes i do know how difficult it is.

I will have mindees who are 7, 2.5 and 4 months and also the dd's who are 5 and 3 on Tuesday for school and nursery.

I manage to get them in and out the car all by myself.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 15-Aug-09 13:46:11

I only get gas on a Sunday when i am on my own or DH gets it.

I am not allowed to leave mindees in the car alone.

cazboldy Sat 15-Aug-09 13:52:14

I have 5 dc

If I get diesel, and there is no "pay at pump" then we all get out. likewise school run or any other time

having lots of children, doe not mean you look after them any worse than if you had 1 imo angry

sherby Sat 15-Aug-09 13:56:22

I wouldn't take one child out of the car, WHAT IS THE POINT

in all seriousness, if you are in the petrol station LOOKING at your car and somebody even walked up to the window you would go back to the car, do you REALLY think somebody could smash a window, get in the car and hot wire it before you ran back from the till?

aGalChangedHerName Sat 15-Aug-09 13:56:41

Agree Cazboldy

CyradisTheSeer Sat 15-Aug-09 14:02:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now