Talk

Advanced search

Sorry - this is a bit yuk

(6 Posts)
MrsMuddle Wed 12-Aug-09 19:56:13

As you know, there's been a couple of awful stories in the news recently about families living in squalour, with human (as well as dog) faeces on the floor. In a previous job, I visited a family with dog and / or cat faeces on the floor, and that was truly gag-inducing.

But human faeces - why? Would it have been because the toilet was blocked or would it be laziness or drug-induced urgency?

I'm sorry this is so distasteful, but I'm genuinely interested to know how this can happen, and at what stage it becomes accepted by the others in the house.

edam Wed 12-Aug-09 19:58:46

Maybe it's parents who haven't bothered to put a nappy on a baby or toddler?

MaggieBelleVirgo Wed 12-Aug-09 19:59:30

Maybe the children just do it in a potty.
Everytime my son says "need do poo now" I race up off my ass (even if i'm MN!!) but a more stoned tranquil mother mightn't even realise their child had used potty, then another child knocks it over... nobody knew poo was there, nobody was looking for it.

But you're right, that is awful. Luckily I have been spared those news stories here. We have equally horrible but different ones.

MrsMuddle Wed 12-Aug-09 20:03:39

I'm really dim - it didn't even cross my mind that it might be child poo! That makes it less vile. I automatically assumed it would be adults.

Sidge Wed 12-Aug-09 20:04:18

I know of a family (through CP work) that never toilet trained their children and didn't change their nappies or help them to go to the loo so poo ended up all over the place.

mermalaid Wed 12-Aug-09 22:54:34

Has it occurred to you that some people may have serious mental health illness's that could lead to such issues?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now