Talk

Advanced search

The men transforming into female hybrids.....

(13 Posts)
TDiddy Sat 08-Aug-09 23:02:36

read here

I fear that this is a widespread underreported problem grin. My DW's voice has dropped an octave since she put the trellis up last week.

bronze Sat 08-Aug-09 23:04:21

Couldn't get past the first paragraph or so. Its all so bloody sexist.

TDiddy- kick her in the balls wink

whomovedmychocolate Sat 08-Aug-09 23:08:52

Now how did I know this was from the DM before even opening it? hmm

Well I've spent the week laying block paving and cutting stones interspersed with ironing. hmm

DH doesn't do housework. In fact he hired someone to do his portion of the housework so I wouldn't complain about this.

But this woman (the author) appears to be totally tonto.

First of all, it has not been the tradition that women do all the cleaning and household chores. The chores have changed. Butlers tend to be male even now. But before we had vacuums etc, both men and women swept.

Our household chores include chopping wood for the log burner, now is that a girly thing or a blokey thing? Surely since time immemorial that would have been a husband job? Not now.

So either I'm being swizzed by my DH or this is complete crap.

TheCrackFox Sat 08-Aug-09 23:12:45

"Mrs Kaye says many women return from the office and bully their husbands into doing the housework."

FFS

What would men rather have? That we drop down dead with exhaustion?

ABetaDad Sat 08-Aug-09 23:20:30

Oh dear, I appear to have been a female hybrid for about 20 years. Well I learned something new today. grin

whomovedmychocolate Sat 08-Aug-09 23:24:16

I thought that a man who did housework was just one who wanted to get laid once in a while grin

TDiddy Sat 08-Aug-09 23:29:41

grin i do lots of housework round here

MumtoCharlieandLola Sat 08-Aug-09 23:32:55

heh hhee I like that whomoved, my ds has been an absolute star all week, doing dishes, housework and cooking and I have just let him go to bed alone because I am too busy on here !!!

LOL, getting laid, pah !

MumtoCharlieandLola Sat 08-Aug-09 23:33:29

OOOPS major typo in that one , I meant DH blush

Lets not start another Mamag type thread !

Boco Sat 08-Aug-09 23:34:45

The daily mail is incredible. Who'd have thunk that a man doing the dishes would result in hime becoming a male-female hybrid. Not in our house. We use ecover. [sniff]

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 08-Aug-09 23:35:31

I'm a reasonable person. I don't mind DP going and playing league cricket on a Saturday. As long as he does the ironing before he goes wink

TDiddy Sun 09-Aug-09 07:25:42

this is consistent with the "men will be extinct" theory so we shouldn't dismiss it grin

Stretch Sun 09-Aug-09 11:45:51

"Ladies, I'm sure many of you have full time jobs. The real question is, do you earn as much as your man does? If you're a clerk on £300 a week and he's a pharmacist pulling down £1,500 a week, then sorry love but you'd better have a hot meal on the table when he gets home. Of course, you STILL won't have produced as much for your household as he has, but at least he knows you appreciate him."

shockshockshock

Seriously??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now