Talk

Advanced search

Man in Greece who had genitals set on fire

(27 Posts)
poppy34 Sat 08-Aug-09 08:43:04

Has this been discussed elsewhere?

Link here m.telegraph.co.uk/article/5985733/

deaddei Sat 08-Aug-09 08:50:09

They're always "generous kindhearted boys" aren't they or "I know he's no angel", or even "a mischievous lovable rogue!"
Never little antisocial shits who have no respect.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 08-Aug-09 09:41:52

It's impossible to know what the truth is at this stage, isn't it?

If he assaulted her then, while I wouldn't say that he deserved to be set on fire! I'll confess to being short on sympathy for him.

No doubt there will be lots of witnesses, so it'll get sorted out at the trial.

jkklpu Sat 08-Aug-09 09:48:44

bet it doesn't deter the rest of the season's drunken brits from being lewd, unpleasant and totally disrespectful of everyone else - public info campaign is called "don't be a dick", which now seems very apt

LynetteScavo Sat 08-Aug-09 09:53:04

We just you to slap blokes in my day.....

donnie Sat 08-Aug-09 11:21:22

reminds me of Lorena Bobbit....

dittany Sat 08-Aug-09 11:28:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

differentID Sat 08-Aug-09 11:31:02

I reda the story to my dh and he said that she must be telling the truth that he was exposing his penis, because otherwise why was it the only part of him burnt?
He said if it is true, he deserves everything he got.shock

poppy34 Sat 08-Aug-09 12:38:40

Yep you do wonder how he got burns like that if he wasn't exposing himself.

Ripeberry Sat 08-Aug-09 12:51:33

Well done that lady!

pseudoname Sat 08-Aug-09 12:53:27

i'd say she is out on bail because she turned her self in.

I have no sympathy for the dick.

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 12:53:29

Guardian says actually it was his chest and abdomen that were burnt. Poor sod, anyway, even if he was a drunken lout he's suffering for it now.

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 12:54:18

(But equally I don't blame her.)

pseudoname Sat 08-Aug-09 12:58:51

i bet you nearly all the louts in Greece has heard of this one by now. I wonder if it has dampened their fervour a touch.

Stayingsunnygirl Sat 08-Aug-09 13:09:01

Maybe his parents have never seen him drunken and misbehaving. Sadly, though, it sounds exactly like the sort of thing that young idiots get up to when drunk.

dittany Sat 08-Aug-09 13:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 13:48:01

Yes, am just thinking he's learning an extremely harsh lesson right now and the effects will stay with him for a very long time, if not permanently.

edam Sat 08-Aug-09 13:48:40

(But it's a lesson he earnt, if he did behave as described.)

Locksikas Sat 08-Aug-09 16:37:11

Message withdrawn

Locksikas Sat 08-Aug-09 16:40:30

Message withdrawn

abouteve Sat 08-Aug-09 16:51:51

I read that his chest and abdomen were burnt.

Don't know what happened exactly but just a thought, what was a young local woman doing in this bar that is dominated by drunken brits abroad if she was likely to get offended by such antics. Not saying she deserved to be gropped by being there but I would avoid these places like the plague.

alexpolismum Sun 09-Aug-09 09:36:01

Locksikas - I know exactly what you mean about feeling ashamed. Although of course these drunken louts have nothing to do with me, I have often hidden my nationality to avoid association. Fortunately, when I speak Greek, most Greeks do not realise that I am not a native speaker, and I have the dark looks to go with it!

Even so, people have asked me in the past if it is really like that in Britain and have even congratulated me on emigrating!

I don't know whether she set fire to him or he set fire to himself by fumbling about with a lighter, but either way, I can't see him getting much sympathy over here!

And I bet it will be a long time before he thinks of harrassing anyone ever again!

alexpolismum Sun 09-Aug-09 09:38:08

abouteve - I find that locals do tend to avoid places full of drunken brits - perhaps a group of brits went to a bar usually frequented by locals?

pinkington Sun 09-Aug-09 09:42:41

Whilst not condoning (if it's true) the hideous behaviour of this drunken idiot are we seriously saying it is ok to set someone of fire - reverse the headlines 'drunken Brit woman set on fire by local greek man' would we be saying it was ok?

Wilts Sun 09-Aug-09 09:44:14

I live in the town he is from, this is how it has been covered in our local paper:

Local news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now