Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help this couple save their frozen embryos

(8 Posts)
leggymambo Fri 07-Aug-09 22:47:32

Apologies if this isn't the right place for it, but i saw this on the news tonight and was very touched by their situation

here

leggymambo Fri 07-Aug-09 23:07:02

meant to add that you can go to the number 10 petition website and sign the petition

famishedass Sat 08-Aug-09 00:43:05

Why don't they just use the embryos now?

I know it's sad but there is a reason why those embryos have to be used within 5 years. Frozen items deteriorate in quality and are not good forever sad

Callisto Sat 08-Aug-09 09:13:05

Well quite - if they are 'desperate for another child' then they should use them now.

bigstripeytiger Sat 08-Aug-09 09:15:34

The article reads as if they arent allowed to use them now because they are over the 5 year limit?

noodlesoup Sat 08-Aug-09 09:34:01

here is the petition

They aren't allowed to use them now as they are past the 5 year limit. The limit will be extended to 10 years from October but that is too late for them.

They have to use a surrogate so maybe it was too hard to do it in the time frame, especially with the cancer treatment too.

PeachyLaPeche Sat 08-Aug-09 10:05:29

I will sign

The isue raised in the coverage is very definitely that they can't fall under the new 10 year rule and will ahve to have them destroyed, if there is a possibility for 5 years extra grace then that should be given to all if the rules change.

Longtalljosie Sat 08-Aug-09 10:59:08

If you look at Gillian Merron's quote at the bottom, it sounds very like much this will get sorted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now