Talk

Advanced search

I hope they catch these b*****ds! Is nowhere safe?

(20 Posts)
SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 08:03:31

I am so incensed y this www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203253/Mother-told-youths-quiet-Harry-Potter-film-left-seriously-b urnt-bleach-attack.html
As someone who is not afraid to do the 'right thing' this sends shudders down my spine
Poor family.

seeker Fri 31-Jul-09 08:09:24

In answer to your question - practically everywhere is safe.

SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 08:15:36

Ok
But to be out with your family and to be set upon like this is truely shocking - and thankfully rare.
But still awful

Callisto Fri 31-Jul-09 08:28:18

Dreadful, but why don't the cinema staff do something about rowdy people at films? I went to see HP a couple of weeks ago and there was a 2yo running about, crying and talking. This was at a 7.45pm veiwing - very bad of the parents I thought.

SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 13:20:53

most of the time the cinema staff are only kids, and prob too scared to do anyting

SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 13:20:55

most of the time the cinema staff are only kids, and prob too scared to do anyting

myredcardigan Fri 31-Jul-09 13:31:12

I just started another thread about this. Didn't realise your thread was about the same thing. Your 'is nowhere safe' bit threw me! grin

SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 13:32:37

sorry crap thread title but was so cross about this earlier.

Paolosgirl Fri 31-Jul-09 13:38:44

Posted on myredcardigan's thread and then saw this. Yes, it's truly awful. I'm someone who asks kids to keep the noise down in the cinema, and can imagine the scenario all too easily.

I disagree with the 'practically everywhere is safe' claim. Far too often this type of thing happens - not bleach, obviously, but abuse and aggression because someone has been taken to task about their behaviour.

SixtyFootDoll Fri 31-Jul-09 13:40:57

Through my work I can assure you that this reactionary, yobbish culture is pretty common unfortunatley.

Callisto Fri 31-Jul-09 14:22:36

I also think that it is not true that practically everywhere is safe. A young man was beaten up so severely by a couple of 18 year olds recently that he died in hospital 2 days later, and this was in a market town in the heart of the Cotswolds. Not exactly inner-city violence.

seeker Fri 31-Jul-09 15:11:13

practically everywhere is safe. If it wasn't, hideous events like this wouldn't be front page news.

Callisto Fri 31-Jul-09 15:37:38

Loads and loads of hideous things happen every day that don't make it onto the front page. This is news worthy because it involves a woman out with her family.

seeker Fri 31-Jul-09 15:54:53

I just hate scarmongering.

Paolosgirl Fri 31-Jul-09 16:00:02

I hate scaremongering even more wink

It's not all DM hysteria, though, it's reality. We live in a violent society, where respect for other people and the law is completely absent for these feral youths.

steviesotherhalf Mon 03-Aug-09 12:43:28

There are pigs amongst us everywhere. It's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time to cross their path's.

I remember year's ago (about 1990), me and my sister were followed by a group of young 'men' - if you can call them that, along a country lane. They were up my sister's backside all the way flashing and tooting us. When they got to the junction, they pulled up along side us and spat at my sister! And the spit landed on her arm!angry shock My sister called them 'scum' and they just laughed and drove off the other way!!

I'm afraid it's the way of the world now. A total lack of respect for anyone and it's a very sad sign of the times. This sort of thing would have been unheard of when my mother was young in the 1950's. Gone are the days when people had manners and men tipped their hats to ladies.

Ripeberry Mon 03-Aug-09 12:48:18

That's femenism for you. If we want to be treated equaly by men, then why should they hold open doors for us or tip their hats? (if they had any)

Ripeberry Mon 03-Aug-09 12:49:52

I also blame popular films. If you watch films from the 1940s and 1950s, most men,even nasty men were polite to women and children.
But now there is sadism against women and children and its very very sad.

KIMItheThreadSlayer Mon 03-Aug-09 13:00:58

i am expert at telling people off in the cinema, took kids last week and two women sat behind us were wittering away while their kids sat beautifully watching the film, so I turned round and informed them starbucks was just down the road if they wanted to gossip, I wanted to hear the film so could they please SHUT UP.

They shut up.

FAQtothefuture Mon 03-Aug-09 13:22:53

"We live in a violent society, where respect for other people and the law is completely absent for these feral youths. "

I disagree - the majority of youths would not behave like this - unfortunately hideous behaviour like this means that they all get tarred with the same brush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now