Advanced search

Big brother's Sree in hospital after slashing wrists

(12 Posts)
ChopsTheDuck Wed 29-Jul-09 14:02:50

Maybe time to pull the plug on BB?

bronze Wed 29-Jul-09 14:04:51

I could have told them it was time to pull the plug years ago

Hope hes ok

People really need to think about how they treat them as they come out of the house. Why boo ffs

ChopsTheDuck Wed 29-Jul-09 14:06:14

reading more about it, it actually happened last fri. Then appeared on tv again since!

geordieminx Wed 29-Jul-09 14:07:29

"There is no suggestion that this is a suicide attempt" WFT??? So he cut his wrists accidently? Or for a laugh??

Hope he's ok.

sad

hocuspontas Wed 29-Jul-09 14:10:14

Too many of these type of shows have contestants who are not strong emotionally. (Anyone vaguely content with life wouldn't even consider applying). Yes, I think it's run it's course. Haven't watched this year's so don't know the background.

On another note, Victoria Schmidt, if you're there - it's the QEII or the QE2 Hospital not the QE11. We have not had eleven queens named Elizabeth! Proof before submitting please!

geordieminx Wed 29-Jul-09 14:15:43

Although I am no expert I wouldnt say any of this years contestants were of sound mind, they all seemed a wee bit crazyoff the wall.

Remember the first series, the folk that were on then seemed like the sort of people you lived beside, that you knew. Its got steadily worse over the years, but this year it really does look like channel 4 have "borrowed" a dozen people from the local mental institution.

Car crash tv.

Should be pulled without a doubt

bratley Wed 29-Jul-09 14:17:00

Poor guy.

I agree bronze, I get really annoyed when people boo as someone comes out of the house. They're not actors, they're real people.

I can't believe he appeared on tv days later, how odd.

cheesesarnie Wed 29-Jul-09 14:18:13

blimey!poor sree.

they are all slightly unstable imo-i thought angel should have been kicked out with her funny ideas and very ott behaviour.

LuluMaman Wed 29-Jul-09 14:21:12

I think he underestimated the impact the show has on people. he clearly believed himself to be a sweet, likeable and respected young man. The show showed a completley different side and it must have been a shock, having a mirror held up to you and seeing a totally different person

I do find it troubling though, that people will still subject themselves to reality TV shows without really thinking about the consequences.

I do watch BB, it is eerily compelling and I cannot imagine why , apart from fame/money, anyone would go through it.

to the viewers who boo, i suppose it seems like pantomime and theatre, and the people they are booing are not real, as it were. but players/actors on a stage

i don;t think blame can wholly be heaped on the TV producers or the audience or media.. people do choose to go on these shows

ScummyMummy Wed 29-Jul-09 14:30:00

It could have been Self-harm to regulate overwhelming feelings, geordieminx. Cutting quite often is. Either way, poor guy.

bratley Wed 29-Jul-09 15:12:35

He definitely had a skewed view of himself to a degree didnt he?
I watch BB, but like you say lulu, it is compelling, I watch it out of curiosity I think!
As for the boo-ing, I've heard Davina saying to people 'its a pantomine' as they walk out. It is a strange mix of reality and theatre isn't it?

bronze Wed 29-Jul-09 15:50:24

hocus I noticed the qe2 thing as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now