loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fathers for Justice

(209 Posts)
dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 17:47:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jellybeans Thu 23-Jul-09 17:52:32

I don't like them. Too many are just getting back at their wives and controllers who hate women. Why not have just a 'parents for rights' group rather than just men.

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 17:52:44

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 17:53:26

jellybeans Thu 23-Jul-09 17:55:42

I saw a documentry with some undercover footage of a f4j meeting. One has his young (teen?) daughter there and was slagging women off in front of her! Many were very aggressive and seemed to have ulterior motives.

junglist1 Thu 23-Jul-09 18:00:39

Disgraceful. I said it on the other thread but the amount of mums who are worried sick while their abusive exes have contact makes me feel sick. Half the time they don't want the children, they use them to keep control of their ex punchbag. Read the book Come to Daddy.

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 18:01:41

junglist1 Thu 23-Jul-09 18:04:11

How come every time a female points out the injustices inherent in this society she's a man hater??!!

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:05:43

dittany - but you did start this thread in a very sneering way. If you genuinely wanted a debate (which you don't) why not set out the question in a more neutral way?

"Misandry" is just as valid a word as "misogyny".

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 18:10:40

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:12:50

It's very difficult for mothers to put themselves in this position, as it so rarely happens to them. Not because the courts discriminate in favour of mothers (that's a myth) but because they want the children to remain with the primary carer in the family home and that is usually the mother.

But if someone you used to be married to had taken your children away and refused to allow you contact with them, and had made everything as difficult as possible for you along the way, and you knew you could get some media attention for your plight by causing a public nuisance and dressing up as Wonder Woman - you wouldn't do it, right? hmm

All protest has an element of disruption. Environmental protestors cause disruption. French farmers in Calais are currently causing the kind of traffic chaos at Dover that F4J could only dream of, and they do it annually!

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 18:14:43

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:14:46

Yes, one man has been convicted of a public nuisance offence.

My point about convictions was an attempt to refute your equation of them on the other thread with the BNP.

You were using "convictions" in the plural and implying that "being taken to court" was a sign of guilt.

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 23-Jul-09 18:14:54

Yes, but society wants fathers to be active in their children's lives, which is absolutely right. Of course there will be some who are pursuing their own agenda and wanting to control the mother via the children, but for the most part, contact with fathers is a good thing. (and vice versa with women wanting to control men through contact with the children)

GypsyMoth Thu 23-Jul-09 18:17:08

I wonder how many of those motorists on the m25 who were delayed whilst this 'fATHER' was protesting,were actually decent dads on their way to see their kids??

maybe some kids missed out on seeing their dad that day cos of this idiot!!

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:18:39

Dittany, you continued the "debate" on the other thread so you can't absolve yourself from that. I also suggest you get a more up-to-date dictionary, as "misandry" is in mine. It would get me eight points on "Countdown".

There are (as I said on the other thread) I'm sire, some disagreeable characters in F4J who are pursuing their own agenda. That doesn't make it a misogynist organisation or mean that every man who joins them is of that persuasion.

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:20:18

What you say ilovetiffany is inevitably true of any "direct non-violent" protest, isn't it? No matter what organisation they are from?

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 18:20:53

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:21:29

I have to go for a bit. Someone answer my Wonder Woman question above.

CyradisTheSeer Thu 23-Jul-09 18:21:29

Message withdrawn

MadameCastafiore Thu 23-Jul-09 18:22:37

Remember seeing a documetary on F4J and they were a bunch of self serving tossers to say the least.

I would have fought to keep the ones in the documentary away from my kids!

dittany Thu 23-Jul-09 18:23:50

GypsyMoth Thu 23-Jul-09 18:24:00

sign up to f4j and receive their emails and updates.....then you'll see what its all about!! its quite amusing how they believe they are the answer to the countries problems!

you're a member aren't you unquiet dad?

UnquietDad Thu 23-Jul-09 18:24:04

I said "as far as I'm aware", so now I'm aware that ONE has. Does that really tilt the argument in your favour?

You said that they (plural) had been "taken to court" as if it happened all the time, and that this meant they were guilty.

There's an interesting other thread about the nature of "crime" and whether the motivation makes it any better or worse.

ilovemydogandmrobama Thu 23-Jul-09 18:24:51

What are you saying Dittany? How should fathers organize themselves to protest about what they feel is an injustice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now