Talk

Advanced search

Article about parenting an aspergers child in the Daily Mail.

(13 Posts)
cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 10:05:49

Firstly - is this lady a MNer - top to toe Boden? That's got to be a code.
Great article IMHO.

cornsillk Wed 22-Jul-09 10:07:30

forgot to link here

Ninkynork Wed 22-Jul-09 10:13:41

LOL @ Boden but what a wonderful piece. Lovely family smile

siblingrivalry Wed 22-Jul-09 10:17:35

The little boy is adorable. It's a lovely article,made me cry- DD1 has AS. However, I am feeling a bit fragile today -dd2's last day at pre-school and I'm weepy as hell!

sunfleurs Wed 22-Jul-09 11:54:45

Thank you cornsilk. I have a ds with HFA and that reminded me so much of him. Made me cry too. Some lovely responses to the article below it as well.

jellycat Wed 22-Jul-09 12:03:16

She was a Mumsnetter. I'm not sure she posts any more. Certainly not under the name I remember.

3cutedarlings Wed 22-Jul-09 12:24:49

Goodness me!! i could have writen that!! Henry sounds so like my DD1!! funnily enough she also has a blond 4YO spitfire like little sister too grin who does the whole hands on her hips finger waggling thing to smile.

Great article!

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 12:26:54

shes a mate of mine.

happywomble Wed 22-Jul-09 12:31:03

This article made me cry.

The girl in the park was horrid to the little boy.

I cannot believe UK politicians are not standing up for the man with aspergers - what a rotten bunch they are. Why is the US under Obama trying to extradite him anyway. Its the kind of thing Bush would have done.

To go back to the article mother and son come across as lovely people and I'm pleased he has the right support at school.

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 12:32:34

I think the social isolation (partic as they grow older) is hard fo any parent

siblingrivalry Wed 22-Jul-09 12:48:19

I agree, setsquare. As dd gets older, I worry more and more about how she will cope in society. In her case, she appears very aloof and tends to zone out during conversations. So other kids stop approaching her, thinking she isn't interested (often isn't!)

cherryblossoms Wed 22-Jul-09 14:05:38

That is a wonderful article. Some of my friends have dc with aspergers (and I'm sure some of my adult friends may be undiagnosed) and it rings so true. Thanks for posting that, cornsilk.

LIZS Wed 22-Jul-09 14:11:25

ex mntter, one I still miss but at least her ds sounds happier at school now. She's had a fair few articles published recently, one quite scathing about mn attitudes to G and T kids so am guessing she lurks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now