Talk

Advanced search

Missing teenager found alive and well after 2 weeks in the Australian bush

(11 Posts)
spicemonster Wed 15-Jul-09 07:22:19

Dehydrated and a few cuts and bruises but he was apparently able to walk unaided into hospital. How lovely to have a happy ending.

story

poshtottie Wed 15-Jul-09 07:34:17

That is good news!

Tortington Wed 15-Jul-09 07:35:55

wow

ElenorRigby Wed 15-Jul-09 08:07:02

Lucky guy! I remember looking out across the Blue Mountains and commenting to an Aussie mate if you got lost in there you would never get out!

esselle Wed 15-Jul-09 08:07:52

This story has hardly made the news here (in Aust)amazingly!! I must admit I was expecting they would find his body... eventually!

What a fantastic outcome!! Such a lucky guy!!

Lizzylou Wed 15-Jul-09 08:11:07

Blimey!
Amazing how he survived.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 15-Jul-09 08:17:19

It is amazing how he survived.He was incredibly lucky but can we also touch on how incredibly stupid he was to go out bush with no phone, eperb, food etc.. It is people like this who really annoy me. Volunteers have spent 100's of hours searching for him at a cost of who knows what. People like this should be made to give a donation towards the cost of the search and rescue!

2shoes Wed 15-Jul-09 09:06:22

nice to see some good news

spicemonster Wed 15-Jul-09 09:11:12

Lou - his dad said exactly the same thing and that he was furious with him for being so very stupid. I got the impression he was going to make him pay back the costs of the search effort. People often totally underestimate the wilderness and overestimate their ability to navigate. I remember a family who had to be rescued off Scafell a few years ago and they had a 3 kids, one of whom was 5 and no coats or food with them. That's really stupid

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Wed 15-Jul-09 09:14:57

I am glad to hear that his Dad is going to have 'words' with him. I vounteer with search and rescue and I have lost count of the silly people I have taken time of work to go and find.
Tony Bullimore is my most hated man!!!!!!!

NormaSknockers Thu 16-Jul-09 09:26:11

WOW! Lucky, lucky guy, eejit for not taking his phone, but very very lucky! Glad it had a happy outcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now