shock

This happened near to me

lisad123 Thu 09-Jul-09 20:49:13

hope that boys ok

SammyK Thu 09-Jul-09 20:54:02

'blood spattered classroom' sad shock

how awful

ElfOnTheTopShelf Thu 09-Jul-09 20:56:58

Frasersmum, its quite scary isn't it. I saw this on the local news and was shocked.

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 20:57:10

I know I just can't imagine how it happened.

I was reading somewhere that he was a well liked, respected teacher. Something very strange has happened.

cookielove Thu 09-Jul-09 21:01:51

that is quite horrifying, i hope the child goes on to make a full recovery, how on earth does a teacher attack a pupil?

i actually thought this thread was about the boy who was in a coma due to his friends cutting off his oxygen in headlock to see how long he could breath???

moffat Thu 09-Jul-09 21:02:13

mmmhhhmmm, very strange.

Mintyy Thu 09-Jul-09 21:06:05

It sounds like the teacher just snapped/saw red/went mad for a moment. Terrible for all concerned. I imagine it will be on the national news too - it is a very unusual story.

onepieceofcremeegg Thu 09-Jul-09 21:11:04

It is very shocking indeed. Obviously at present the full facts haven't been released. There are many possibilities, perhaps the teacher was mentally unwell? As flatcap says something very strange has happened.

Whatever the circumstances I hope that the boy makes a good recovery.

MetalMummy Thu 09-Jul-09 21:27:55

It said on the news earlier that the teacher had recently returned to work after a long period of illness

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 22:13:06

But there is snapping, as in shouting or even, not that it is right of course, pushing a student but for the classroom to end up blood splattered seems very odd. Clearly the teacher has lost control but something very wrong has happened.

From what little I have read of this story he does remind me of a teacher who I used to work with. Eiter adored or hated by the kids, loose cannon and unpredictable but I coul never imagine this,

TheFallenMadonna Thu 09-Jul-09 22:18:38

It was a science lab, and he was hit with a piece of equipment according to that link, hence the blood. Bad.

bigstripeytiger Thu 09-Jul-09 22:18:50

This sounds pretty strange.
In some of the other news sites that have covered this story there have been some fairly sympathetic comments about the teacher, so I wondered if there might be more to this story than has been reported.

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 22:29:34

BST I have noticed that as well, but no matter how good the teacher he usually is, or how disruptive the pupil, we are paid to remain in control and educate. Having worked in a very tough school I have seen teachers lose it or do very odd things but never this.

Yes FM knew it was in a science lab but even then it seemed odd. I am sure we will find out more.

tiredemma Thu 09-Jul-09 22:31:24

I had seen a news report that suggested that the teacher had recently returned to work after a period off??

Rindercella Thu 09-Jul-09 22:34:29

I am sure the full story will be told shortly - God knows what happened to make a teacher 'snap' so badly, and with such awful consequences.

However, it strikes me that when you send your child to school, you should be able to assume that he will come home safely. sad

bigstripeytiger Thu 09-Jul-09 22:39:44

flatcap, my first thought was that the teacher might have been unwell, rather than the pupil being to blame. Also 2 other pupils were injured in the same incident. Hopefully everyone recovers from this.

edam Thu 09-Jul-09 22:40:01

Bloody terrifying. Do hope the poor boy makes a swift and full recovery.

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 22:44:07

No I did not think you were blaming the boy, from the press reports he was no angel but that is the nature of the job.

The teacher had been off with stress so clearly did snap, but surely for someone to snap in such spectacular fashion it must have been clear that he should not be in work.

janeite Thu 09-Jul-09 22:44:21

We don't know anything about what happened, so it seems pointless to speculate. God forbid that any of us are ever in a position in a classroom that something like this happens. Awful for everybody concerned.

MrsWeasley Thu 09-Jul-09 22:56:58

my DD is in year9 and it always amazes me that her teacher doesnt attempt to do her in! wink

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 22:59:19

That is very honest of you MrsWeasley grin.

Ripeberry Thu 09-Jul-09 22:59:36

Why was he off work? Was it stress? Was that kid blackmailing him in some way? Very fishy!
Much more to it than we think. Even a nutty teacher would not even lay a finger on a pupil, unless they were seriously under stress and harasment sad.
Just hope the boy recovers fully, but that teacher is finished, which is sad as well.

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 23:02:30

Yes he was off with stress.

flatcapandpearls Thu 09-Jul-09 23:04:15

Maybe this will make schools consider the immense stress teachers can be put under.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now