Talk

Advanced search

George Calloway on the News

(18 Posts)
JoolsToo Tue 17-May-05 22:05:21

Whatever you think of him - he seems to have them by the short and curlies

marthamoo Tue 17-May-05 22:09:54

Dh has just been quoting him to me (reading the transcript on the other PC) and roaring laughing - he's impressed with his performance, definitely running rings round the Americans.

victoriapeckham Tue 17-May-05 22:11:08

It' s Galloway. Duh.

MarsLady Tue 17-May-05 22:11:40

DH admitted liking Old George after today!

JoolsToo Tue 17-May-05 22:13:19

yes VP I did realise the typo but couldn't be arsed correcting it

lyndap Tue 17-May-05 22:41:18

I do hope he's not dodgy. I actually quite like "gorgeous george" and also PMSL at how he just bulldozed the Senate. They had never seen anything like him before, obviously! Thought he managed to do more to score points for the anti-war "cause" than practically anything else I've seen or heard coming out of the States apart from Michal Moore. Now I would really love to see them get together.....

aloha Tue 17-May-05 22:42:48

I found it utterly thrilling, to be perfectly honest. The most exciting thing on the telly since...oh, I can't remember. Nip Tuck probably.
And it's precisely what he was voted in to do, so he's earning his money.

SueW Tue 17-May-05 22:47:06

I was so hooked I rewound Sky+ to watch it again. Sky+ - gotta love. It changes your life.

<ad over> Hey Justine, Carrie and Rachel - do Sky+ advertise on here yet? It makes catching up with all those shows so much easier whatever your life ocmmitments.

Gwenick Tue 17-May-05 22:47:21

Wasn't it fantastic - regardless of whether he had dodgy goings on or not that was a BRILLIANT performance

aloha Tue 17-May-05 22:49:16

And I LOVED the sight of the senators, staggering into the lobby, all blinking and bewildered. Bliss.
And the bit about Rumsfeldt. Oh, I bet Galloway hasn't enjoyed himself as much since...ooh, his last visit to Saddam Hussein.

JoolsToo Tue 17-May-05 22:50:31

or winning Bethnal Green and telling Blair 'this is for Iraq'

Frizbe Tue 17-May-05 22:51:13

It was a great performance, and broadcast live around the states as well, oooooh, bet that hurt a bit

weesaidie Tue 17-May-05 22:58:05

I thought it was great too! I listened to it all on Five Live and was smiling the whole time. Apparently he had no notes and he spoke very well and very intelligently.

My ex thinks he is 'shady' but I think (hope!) he is a good bloke who has pissed off the higher powers by speaking his mind - how dare he!

Tinker Wed 18-May-05 09:08:20

How bloody compelling was this? Not read other comments yet but, whatever your views on him, couldn't help thinking 'Yes, George' when watching it last night.

slug Wed 18-May-05 12:00:59

Made me howl with laughter at the self important seantors faces.

I met georgous George last year when he came to talk to our students. I thought he was deeply in love with himself and had a tendency to shout down and belittle anyone who disagreed with him. His talk was full of inconsistencies and errors, but he *would not* let these be pointed out to him. Still......anyone who can give the Americans one in the eye is OK by me.

snafu Wed 18-May-05 12:02:58

I can't stand him, but I do think this is hilarious.

Pagan Wed 18-May-05 12:47:46

Go George!!! He's the only one who has had the balls to give the US what they deserve and they just don't like him because of that.

HappyMumof2 Wed 18-May-05 19:13:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now