Talk

Advanced search

gang rapists get sentence extended...

(8 Posts)
MarmadukeScarlet Thu 02-Jul-09 22:05:19

In January, if anyone remebers there was the horrific story of 3 'men' who raped a 16 yr old girl with the mental age of 8 - they finished by poring caustic soda all over her.

Several netters were horrified at the short jail terms they were due to serve and we were encouraged to write to various folk.

update for those who remeber.

madlentileater Fri 03-Jul-09 12:29:02

good.
what have they got now?

madlentileater Fri 03-Jul-09 12:30:24

oh sorry, I see, 14 and 9 years.
Still too short I think.

PortAndLemon Fri 03-Jul-09 12:43:04

They are at least now more in line with national sentencing guidelines (whether the sentencing guidelines are appropriate is another question). But the 14-year sentence still isn't towards the top of the range, and I don't see how they are arriving at the 9-year sentence.

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Fri 03-Jul-09 13:14:23

I still think it's much too short.

These men are dangerous and given the way our prison system works, they are likely to be dangerous all their lives. And their crime was horrific. 9 and 14 years are pathetic sentences for the gravity of what they did.

Frasersmum123 Sun 05-Jul-09 19:14:34

Its still far too short, they have ruined a life and thier sentence should reflect that.

NormaSknockers Mon 06-Jul-09 07:53:03

Still far to lenient IMO. They should bloody rot in there for good.

edam Mon 06-Jul-09 21:00:59

I'm glad the sentences have been increased but agree with everyone else that they are STILL far too short. These pathetic excuses for men committed an horrific crime that will have life-long physical, mental and emotional effects on their victim - and as littlebella says, they are likely to be a danger to the public as long as they live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now