Advanced search

the poor poor mother

(26 Posts)
2shoes Wed 01-Jul-09 22:20:00

I wish she could have closure

ChippyMinton Wed 01-Jul-09 22:25:11

sad

welshone51 Thu 02-Jul-09 10:01:10

It is truly awful, she has been so brave and has never given up the fight to find her sons body and to give him a proper funeral, Ian Brady IMO is holding this over her to regain an element of control in his otherwise controlled and dull existance.
She is a very brave and dignified woman who just wants her sons body ''home''. Bless her.

edam Thu 02-Jul-09 10:04:33

agree with 2shoes. There's a picture of Keith in the papers today - so poignant, he looks like a lovely, cheeky little boy.

bethoo Thu 02-Jul-09 10:05:00

Ian is a sick bastard who will not allow this poor woman to let her rest her sons body in peace! he revolts me.

Frasersmum123 Thu 02-Jul-09 11:35:59

Its just so sad and my heart goes ou to her. She has been dragged through hell and I hope that Ian Brady does the decent thing, however I doubt that he will

dittany Thu 02-Jul-09 11:42:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Portofino Thu 02-Jul-09 11:44:53

Sad though it is to say, I'd be very surprised if Ian Brady could actually remember anything helpful after all this time. I don't think he is in the best of mental health either. I really do feel for Keith's mother - it must be unimaginably dreaful for her.

donnie Thu 02-Jul-09 18:54:27

this has had me in tears - the thought of that poor lonely child, never ever being found. His poor mother; words just can't express how sad she must be.

I think Ian Brady knows where he is but keeping it secret is his way of maintaining power and control. In his mind, he has won because he has the knowledge and withholds it. He is a sick disgusting bastard. God damn him.

ilovesprouts Thu 02-Jul-09 18:57:05

so sad its terrible

saadia Thu 02-Jul-09 18:59:21

It is unbearably sad to think of what she has had to endure.

MumHadEnough Thu 02-Jul-09 19:02:42

Poor woman, I've always had heartfelt sympathy for her whenever I've saw her in the news over the years.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 02-Jul-09 19:11:49

I doubt Brady could remember but he will always lead people to think he does for the control

Poor, poor woman, simply terrible

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 02-Jul-09 19:13:11

I think it is possible he doesn't know. I think people want to believe that he knows where that poor child's body is because, sick as withholding that information is, the alternative - that what he did, and that child, meant so little that he can't even remember where he put him, is just so much worse.

I feel so sorry for that poor woman.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 02-Jul-09 19:21:59

With all the amazing things there are these days, why can they not find the body? A bit like heat sensor things but for bones.

nametaken Thu 02-Jul-09 20:49:56

without being morbid or graphic, I don't think anything would remain of Keith after 45 years. Not even bones sad

The police have done everything in their power to give this poor mother closure and I commend them for it.

giddykipper Thu 02-Jul-09 20:51:31

I think the peaty soil on the Moor is quite preservative

MaggieBeeBeau Thu 02-Jul-09 20:54:09

He probably can not remember. He killed so many children and it was a long time ago. The landscape would have changed. Children were disposable to him. Why would he remember? I'm surprised that people expect him to.

ItsGrimUpNorth Thu 02-Jul-09 21:25:57

Poor, poor woman. Every day must be anguish.

When Brady is close to death, the police should tell him that they have found Keith's body even if they haven't. Don't let him die thinking he has any hold over anyone.

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Thu 02-Jul-09 21:29:43

FabBaker how? Aprt from some kind of xray srvey, which in all truth on the moors would take how long?

Peat is preservative though (hence peat man) so I do hope the body does appear

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 03-Jul-09 09:25:10

I don't know but I think if it can be done, it should, no matter how long it would take.

2shoes Fri 03-Jul-09 11:32:48

I wish they would keep looking, I hope the stopping isn't down to cost, this lady needs a end to this horror

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 03-Jul-09 12:02:29

This is the sort of thing I would pay to do if I had plenty of money.

numal Fri 03-Jul-09 21:51:48

If there is a Hell, there must be a special corner for Brady to burn in.
The poor mother and her beautiful son.
If there is a heaven they will surely be soon joined together forever.

FlappyTheBat Fri 03-Jul-09 21:57:05

I'm not normally a vindictive person, but how much money has it cost to keep this monster in prison over the years?

I bet it is far more than has been spent looking for Keith!

What they should do, is dig a pit in a similar type of location and put Brady in it alive and then fill in the pit. Then leave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now