Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Daily Fail starts picking on experimenting kids now...

(10 Posts)
LissyGlitter Wed 01-Jul-09 14:12:50

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1196636/Lipstick-lesbians-How-kiss-sparked-teenage-trend-disturb- parent.html

I read this in my in-laws paper this morning and laughed, it was so utterly daily fail typical. Girls have been snogging other girls for years. Some of them find they like it and go on to decide they are lesbian/bisexual. Some just do it because they find their friends less intimidating then blokes when they feel they fancy a quick snog off someone. Some, admittedly annoying, girls, do it for attention and to try and look attractive to boys. It really doesn't matter. And, shock horror, a lot of boys snog boys for the exact same reasons.

I accept that I seem to have a much more liberal attitude to sex and sexuality then most people, but would anyone seriously be any more bothered about their 15 or 16 year old daughter having a quick snog with a girl than if it was a boy?

sweetnitanitro Wed 01-Jul-09 16:09:48

FFS. I kissed another girl when I was a teenager and the walls of civilisation did not come crashing down. And I doubt my parents would have been 'disturbed', they're a bit more open minded than that. Mind you, that's probably why they don't read the Hate Mail grin

MamaHobgoblin Thu 02-Jul-09 23:00:54

That article is a hoot! Was it written in the 21st century? It sounds rather hysterical and 1950's to me. I particularly enjoyed the nervous references to 'private house parties'. Yes. I would imagine the 'private house party guests' are listening to rock music and drinking alcohol too. shock I mean, does the author just never get invites, or what?

I kissed a couple of girls who were friends when I was at uni - it was part of experimenting and also because I fancied them. My life didn't change. grin And to the OP - yes, girls have been snogging girls for decades now, I hardly think it's the New Threat of the Noughties! grin

cory Fri 03-Jul-09 14:54:52

Love this quote:

"Both girls come from smart homes with professional parents, are well-spoken and attend a well-respected Inner London day school. "

Of course in our generation, children from professional families attending well-respected schools never experimented with the same sex. Never, ever, ever. Not at Eton, not at Marlborough. What is the world coming too? hmm

Longtalljosie Tue 07-Jul-09 09:43:42

God - this article is just fact-free, isn't it? A couple of girls who've admitted to snogging girls, and then as many celeb names as they can think of, and then "disturb" or "disturbing" used no less than 4 times (buy a thesaurus, love).

morningpaper Tue 07-Jul-09 09:47:07

"Lipstick lesbian: Katy Perry, the American singer of I Kissed A Girl, insisted the track was based on a true incident"

GUFFAW

morningpaper Tue 07-Jul-09 09:49:33

"I'm coming to the worrying conclusion that Katy Perry's song I Kissed A Girl And I Liked It, which was a massive global hit last year, increasingly represents the experience of a generation of girls who are happy and relaxed about public, same-sex sexual experimentation."

Ahahahahaha

do you think this journo writes this stuff and then cries

Marthasmama Tue 07-Jul-09 09:58:00

Oh FFS. This is hardly a new thing! I snogged five girls as a teenager and consider myself to be straight. It was a bit of fun which is surely what being a teenager is all about. And why oh why is it worrying? I think it is healthy for youngsters to explore their sexuality and should be free to do so rather than being forced into heterosexual roles by convention. I am grateful that we have come of far that young women feel able to publicly experiment with their sexuality.

Marthasmama Tue 07-Jul-09 09:58:52

'of' hmm I meant so. Sorry. Plus I think I have just repeated what everyone else has said...... <shuffles away from thread>

mummiesnet Tue 07-Jul-09 10:01:55

"Both girls come from smart homes with professional parents, are well-spoken and attend a well-respected Inner London day school"

Riiiight, that should certainly prevent them from dabbling in lesbianism hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now