Talk

Advanced search

this is terrible - mum arrested as 4 yr old found dead.

(13 Posts)
poopscoop Fri 19-Jun-09 16:06:12

here

hope link works. if not see sky news

poopscoop Fri 19-Jun-09 16:10:06

Actually I should correct myself. A woman been arrested not necessarily mum blush

lagaanisace Fri 19-Jun-09 16:17:33

So sick of hearing of this kind of stuff sad. It seems that hardly a month goes by...

fifitot Fri 19-Jun-09 20:09:21

In the UK one child a week dies of abuse or neglect.

AnnieLobeseder Fri 19-Jun-09 20:11:56

But absolutely no details are given, so how can we know if it was neglect/abuse or a horrible accident?

fifitot Fri 19-Jun-09 20:23:46

So why arrest her if a crime hadn't been committed?

Anyway was just backing up the point made by lagaanisace, that there seems to be alot of it. There is.

tiredemma Sat 20-Jun-09 19:53:03

That is very sad- most recent news reports would suggest some possible mental disorder

sad

Hassled Sat 20-Jun-09 20:03:44

It says the suspect had suffered serious injuries - assuming they were self-inflicted (a big assumption, I know), you also have to assume serious mental health issues. It's very very sad.

lagaanisace Sat 20-Jun-09 22:46:01

Do you find yourselves unable to read too many specifics about things like this now you're a mum? I do. I stopped watching the news for a while during the storm over Baby P, not out of disinterest or lack of caring, but because I have to guard my own mental health for the sake of my family, and these things are just too horrible to contemplate

LightShinesInTheDarkness Sat 20-Jun-09 22:53:39

fiftot - a child a week? Really?
I find it hard to believe (not that I don't iyswim).

fifitot Sun 21-Jun-09 07:31:46

The stats are from the NSPCC. I did some child protection training recently.

I think that historically the fiqure doesn't change much which indicates that some kids have always been killed by their parents. We just know more about it now.

Jumente Sun 21-Jun-09 07:37:51

It says the woman had suffered serious injuries - perhaps she had tried to kill herself and her child.

It doesn't bear thinking about sad

GypsyMoth Sun 21-Jun-09 07:47:05

And her 12 year old ds was watching/present!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now