Talk

Advanced search

do ANY journalists do their own research?

(18 Posts)
FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 14:58:13

that bike thread that was around earlier in the week is now a Daily telegraph article
J'accuse Emma cook

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 15:00:02

www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=relationships&threadid=772752-Anyone-else-39-s-DH-having-an-affair-with -their

MaggieBee Wed 17-Jun-09 15:03:59

I think it must be a great job. Sit reading mumsnet all week, get paid for it.... use other people's funny lines, use other people's painful experiences. All without getting up off your bum!

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 15:04:33

Amazing.
i dont ormally read that paper too

Rindercella Wed 17-Jun-09 15:06:13

C+P'd from the thread just now:

Well, well, there's a surprise hmm

I said this on here a while ago, but I do think that more and more lazy arse journos use MN for their 'research'. Quite often I will turn on the TV or radio & hear a debate that sounds spookily familiar. Then I realise I have seen a thread on here posing exactly the same moral dilemma.

MaggieBee Wed 17-Jun-09 15:18:02

And I said this on the other thread Rinder, so more deja vu here! but even if that fertility report was published this week, and that's nothing to do with MN, the journos are definitely using MN to see just HOW judgmental they can get away with being. They take their cue on how to present the info from us I think.

Rindercella Wed 17-Jun-09 15:25:49

Absolutely agree with you Maggie.

I now feel dirty - tsk, being used & abused by a farking DM journalist grin

MaggieBee Wed 17-Jun-09 15:29:49

yes, go shower! grin

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 15:32:41

what other thread?

MaggieBee Wed 17-Jun-09 15:35:51

one I started in #in the news' about an OP the day before yesterday I think, posted that she wa finding it hard to sympathise with her 38 yr old friend who was trying for a baby. LO and Behold......... twas a journo. SOme people knew as much.

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 15:43:07

oh DID it
how interesting
wasnt that in teh paper as well?

Qally Wed 17-Jun-09 19:49:35

LMAO, I do think the Daily Wail is full of journalists who are too crap niche to go elsewhere. No wonder they're too farking lazy to do proper research.

I went to uni with a now-very-famous columnist (on a real paper, not DM), and rumour had it that he was fired from the student paper. It wasn't just, or even mainly, that he made up quotes. It was that he said, "well, they'd have said it if I had asked them..." very cheerfully when challenged on it. I sort of admired the chutzpah.

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 20:03:59

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 17-Jun-09 20:06:39

Awful, isn't it? Said it on the other thread but imagine being SO shit at your job that you can't actually write your own stuff!

I suppose they don't care, as long as they get paid, but they know they don't deserve it, they know they can't do their job!

HaventSleptForAYear Wed 17-Jun-09 20:24:57

Argh the place is crawling with them!

There was another really obvious one the other day, OP sounded like it had been read and re-edited a zillion times.

Must try and find it.

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 17-Jun-09 20:29:11

i am riled.
angry

PortBlacksandResident Wed 17-Jun-09 20:37:19

Et Voila.

Erm - wasn't there at least two threads on this subject this week?

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 17-Jun-09 20:37:50

angry angry angry angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now