Talk

Advanced search

Please read this and tell me whether facism is now in vogue...

(60 Posts)
ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 09:57:54

here it is.....I guess that is what you get for sneaking a peek at the Daily Mail.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:01:18

v. strange article, freakish people. i hate to say it but n. ireland is a strange place so i would in no way use this a 'vogue' indicator.

ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:04:13

DG- thanks for the reassurance.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:05:31

poor kids, the father sounds like an utter fuckwit

harleyd Sat 13-Jun-09 10:06:00

before i even read that....please explain this comment

'i hate to say it but n. ireland is a strange place'

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:08:53

tbh if i read someone else writing that i would be furious but there are pockets of utter oddness in n.ireland due to its heritage. i apologise it is a shite thing to say but that article really fecked me off and just reminded me of all the fuckwittedness i grew up with.

ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:09:19

I have only been to NI once and loved the warmth of the people. Same for the N Irish people that I meet all over the world. I could say the same for the US, I guess. But every society has weirdos.

DG- good point. I think social services should check whether the kids are safe with these parents.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:10:13

yes yes we are all gorgeous warm people river dancing and riding donkey - except when we are out beating innocent fathers to death in the street etc.

ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:11:11

I hate the way these children are being exploited by the Daily Mail

harleyd Sat 13-Jun-09 10:11:27

deepgoat are you from here?

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:11:57

god i really do apologise i obv iously have ishoos and sorry if i upset anyone.

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:12:11

yes

JackBauer Sat 13-Jun-09 10:13:49

I'm confused. The hospital mixed up the sperm so the children is mixed race. The parents are shocked. The community (which is in NI and therefore predominately white and catholic) thinks the mother had an affair or somesuch instead of IVF, which they didn't want everyone to know about as it is not something strict catholics approve of.
I personally wouldn't sue the hospital as it is just one of those things, but I can certainly see why they are.

I don't see it as a racist thing as much as a hospital error that is having bad consequences for the children.

harleyd Sat 13-Jun-09 10:14:22

i think you do have ishoos...i mean that in the nicest possible way

but you've made my head wanna explode!

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:14:52

sorry harlyd.

Quattrocento Sat 13-Jun-09 10:15:38

Godawful people.

ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:15:42

DG- understood and hopefully harleyd understands as well. I was also shocked by the article.

LeninGrad Sat 13-Jun-09 10:17:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Quattrocento Sat 13-Jun-09 10:17:32

Not the Northern Irish - I mean just this particular pair ...

Why couldn't they just deal with it? How in God's name is that son going to feel when he finds out his parents sued the hospital because he was the wrong colour

Sheesh

JackBauer Sat 13-Jun-09 10:19:11

but can you not understand why they are upset by it? I agree that suing the hospital is way over the top btw

harleyd Sat 13-Jun-09 10:20:58

quattrocento...im glad you elaborated on that comment

i'll come back to this later

Quattrocento Sat 13-Jun-09 10:22:30

It might not be bigotry of the first order (although it might be) it might be a product of some kind of misplaced shame for not being able to conceive naturally. Either way it's not healthy for the children.

Can I understand it - oh yes I can understand bigotry. Don't have to empathise with it though, do I?

DeepGoat Sat 13-Jun-09 10:23:37

it is not just that theya re upset, it iswhole crazy not going out together and the father not picking his son up from school. dumnuts. deal with the it, they are children and deserve more.

ToughDaddy Sat 13-Jun-09 10:23:39

JB- If I were upset, I would not sue the hospital and then publish in the Daily Mail as the children will grow up and find out that mommy was upset because I happen to suffer from being brown shock

HelloBeastie Sat 13-Jun-09 10:56:52

Northern Ireland is a strange place, no matter how much you might not want it to be, harleyd.

There are not many countries in the world where a gang of men would go into another area specifically looking to pull anyone off the street and beat them (recently) or shoot them (10 years ago).

Or when they got tired of that, started attacking anyone non-white, for example here and here

And yes, I'm from Belfast. Originally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now