Talk

Advanced search

Is this really News? Shock Horror - Nanny employed by busy, wealthy woman.

(8 Posts)
quidnunc Fri 12-Jun-09 10:22:45

story here

I don't get it. Front page news? Kate W has two children and a demanding career. Angelina has an army of Nannies and nobody bats an eyelid. Fair enough. But this article says she 'confessed' to having a part time nanny. So, is that like confessing to being a part time {Enter Something Interesting or Important Here}

They also suggest that having a nanny is part of the hollywood lifestyle. Twaddle. And this is in the Torygraph, where 'Find Nanny' appears on expectant mothers' To Do lists along side buying a nappy bin.

Just struck me as sensationalist rhubarb, that's all...

MrsMcCluskey Fri 12-Jun-09 10:28:21

what a load of twaddle.
Would have been more surprised if she didnt have a nanny to be honest.

sarah293 Fri 12-Jun-09 10:33:02

Message withdrawn

Does anyone else think she looks like she's got a layer of icing over her face in that picture.

PortAndLemon Fri 12-Jun-09 10:41:26

I suppose the point is more that she'd originally said she didn't have a nanny when she did -- but from context it sounds as though in the original interview she was talking about that 24-hour army of staff including multiple nannies thing that slebs sometimes do, whereas with a part-time nanny she presumably still has to juggle childcare and so forth.

callalilies Fri 12-Jun-09 10:47:56

At the bottom her spokesperson seems to be confirming that at no point did she say she didn't have a nanny at a time when she did, so she's obviously got a nanny since then.

But agree, how bizarre to be 'news'. Woman with busy career presumably involving varied and unpredictable hours chooses nanny as suitable childcare. I mean, what else is she going to do?

Starbear Fri 12-Jun-09 10:49:22

Sorry, I would have an army of staff if I had their money. But strangely I wouldn't have a nanny. Mothers help 'yes' good babysitter 'yes' still would pay friend's daughter as she is lovely,trustworthy and I love her. Housekeeper 'yes' cleaner yes maintenance person and personal secretary. The I would take my Ds & various family & friends to the hills with a picnic. Let everyone else sort out stuff and clean up after us. <<<< put this all in wavy lines of a dream >>>>> 9must now go and clean the loosmile

Starbear Fri 12-Jun-09 10:50:30

Sorry can I have one of those naked men too! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now