Advanced search

Pregnant woman stabbed in Grimsby

(30 Posts)
Ewe Sun 07-Jun-09 22:58:03

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/8088369.stm

How awful, just stabbed in the street sad

steviesgirl Mon 08-Jun-09 00:56:45

sad shock

Poor, poor, woman and her baby. Just beyond sickening. It proves that none of us are totally safe, no matter where we live and what time we are out. You've just got to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 09:43:25

It's just awful, I live just around the croner from there, here is some more info from our local paper.
HERE

CrushWithEyeliner Mon 08-Jun-09 09:46:29

oh god - a worst nightmare. Poor woman and family. What kind of sick ------ ????? sad

tiredemma Mon 08-Jun-09 09:52:25

That is very sad sad

Is the man who did it unknown to the woman? (it very rare to be stabbed by a stranger isnt it?)

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 09:55:44

Tiredmama, that's what my dad and I were discussing earlier on when he called to tell me about it.

Stabbing is quite a personal attack, but still there are some very disturbed people in this world, he could have been one of them.

I am going to get a local paper tonight (never usually get one) to see if there is any more infor then.

It is so so sad sad

My heart goes out to her family.

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 09:56:16

Sorry that was meant to be tiredemma blush

tiredemma Mon 08-Jun-09 10:13:49

(everyone on here reads my name as tiredmama!!)

A young girl was stabbed to death by a stranger in Birmingham a few years ago- the man was a Paranoid Schizophrenic.

I wouldn't like to speculate, but can only think that this could be something similar- just seems so odd to be such a random attack

ZZZen Mon 08-Jun-09 10:15:24

oh good grief, how pointless and sad.

Greensleeves Mon 08-Jun-09 10:16:09

would like to point out that not all paranoid schozophrenics go around brandishing knives at strangers - one of my best friends is a paranoid schizophrenic. He suffers, but he's harmless!

Terrible story. I feel for her family sad

tiredemma Mon 08-Jun-09 10:18:07

ah no Greensleeves, please dont think that I think all Schizophrenics are killers (I work in MH- would never think that)

Greensleeves Mon 08-Jun-09 10:21:48

possibly a bit sanctimonious of me there tiredemma, I debated whether to post it or not blush

I didn't think you were implying that though, just that there are stereotypes around MH and some posters might misunderstand...

tiredemma Mon 08-Jun-09 10:23:20

I understand your point absolutely.

spugs Mon 08-Jun-09 11:38:02

Poor woman and baby, she was 7 months pregnant sad

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 08-Jun-09 11:49:54

insertwittynicknameHERE - you must live not far from me! I live near here too.

I have been past the place this morning, and there were loads of photographers there, and a tv camera. I was glad they didn't ask me anything because i was quite upset really, even though i didn't know her.

Apparently DH heard a commotion yesterday afternoon but thought nothing much of it - we didn't find out until this morning.

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 14:10:56

GodzillasBumcheek, I live literally 5-10 minutes walk from town. I was supposed to be going into town today to get some bits in but decided to go to Sainsbo's instead as I figured that there might be press and what not there.

I feel so sad for her to have had this happen and to have been 7 months pg, it beggars belief. Two lives have been snuffed out, so so sad sad I really feel for the families involved.

<can't quite believe there is another MNer near me!!!! shock>

Houseofpants Mon 08-Jun-09 14:53:03

<insertwitty and another winknot as close as godzilla tho!>

Feel sorry for the family and friends and those who tried who to help sad

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 08-Jun-09 15:50:14

Hiya HofP

Ok it turns out DH did not hear it happen, as he thought - it was too far away for that. But it is strange that you live so close by, IWNH, you might even be down the same street [weirded out emoticon]

We might even know each other already [even more weirded]

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 15:54:48

GodzillasBumcheek I live on one of the streets opposite the Boulevard park. We may know each other shock

She should be here getting all excited about her baby, poor poor family.

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 08-Jun-09 16:03:04

I'm not sure which one boulevard park is!

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 16:34:56

It's on Corporation Road.

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 19:16:51

The man that was apprehended running away from the scene has been charged with her murder {{http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/BREAKING-NEWS-Man-charged-Claire-s-murder/article-1059599-deta il/article.html HERE]]

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 19:17:21

Sorry I will try that link again HERE

insertwittynicknameHERE Mon 08-Jun-09 19:28:24

More info HERE

It is so so sad I have been in tears reading this sad

GodzillasBumcheek Mon 08-Jun-09 20:38:50

You're on the other side of town from me then, IWNH.
This has been on my mind all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now