Talk

Advanced search

Barack Obama or Gordon Brown

(15 Posts)
FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 15:42:21

I have just been watching the D-Day speeches. GB went on too long, read from notes and was applauded for about a minute.

Barack I could have listened too all day, read without notes and was giving a longer applause and a standing ovation.

I asked DH if we could move to America. grin

I had tears when Obama said about a veteran who died last night having travelled to France for the commemerations. sad

What does the D stand for in D-Day please?

moopymoo Sat 06-Jun-09 15:49:22

I know- I looked for Obama on the voting paper the other day but no . We have nobody who can hold a candle to him. I too have been watching and Brown is so difficult to watch now. Obama has some sort of other worldly statesman like quality that is awesome.

littlelamb Sat 06-Jun-09 15:52:29

I thought this would be some kind of smutty poll wink
In which case, Obama of course

MaggieBee Sat 06-Jun-09 15:54:11

I do love BA I do, I do, but remember how we all loved tony blair?. I would hold off on moving countries tbh!!

FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 16:01:49

I never loved TB.

courtneylovescox Sat 06-Jun-09 16:04:22

d-day

FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 16:10:28

Thank you courtneylovescox.

HeadFairy Sat 06-Jun-09 16:11:56

The D in D-Day just stands for Day. A bit disappointing really...

Obama was reading from autocue. Hate to disappoint, I love him too, but the man's pretty busy, can't expect him to memorise a 15 minute speech.

MaggieBee Sat 06-Jun-09 16:54:20

I read that and understood it to stand for Variable!!! D denotes variable!

FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 16:56:02

Thank you HF. I didn't even think of that with it being outside.

I still like him.

HeadFairy Sat 06-Jun-09 17:13:40

Yeah, on the wide shot you can see the screen. He's very good at reading it though, looks like he's not reading at all.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Sun 07-Jun-09 01:23:59

Obama of course.
Oh, you mean as head of government. blush
Well, still Obama.

SomeGuy Sun 07-Jun-09 01:30:52

Brown was a twat and referred to 'Obama beach' instead of 'Omaha beach'. Sounded like he had a prompt in his ear because he corrected himself.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RNqD-gO9w

He apparently excluded The Queen because he wanted the photo op next to Obama.

knockedgymnast Sun 07-Jun-09 08:09:26

Yeah, I heard him say 'Obama' beach and though WFT? hmm

I felt a tad sorry for GB though, at one point, I really thought he was going to collapse sad. He must be having some sort of breakdown at the mo.

I preferred Gordon's speech, my children could understand it - Whereas Barrack's speech got me lost a couple of times.

Felt awful when people were booing GB

mayorquimby Sun 07-Jun-09 11:39:00

meh obama reads from autocue the whole time. don't see how that is more impressive than reding from notes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now