Talk

Advanced search

Cabinet ministers resigning but praising Gordon, why?

(10 Posts)
LeninGrad Fri 05-Jun-09 15:39:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Fri 05-Jun-09 16:17:33

It's the done thing, innit? I mean, if they didn't say, ooh, you were a wonderful boss, it would be rather pointed. All the parly corrs would be filing reports about a feud between X minister and Gordon.

rubyslippers Fri 05-Jun-09 16:18:42

because they are self-serving

and because they mean the EXACT opposite of waht they are actually saying

midnightexpress Fri 05-Jun-09 16:20:44

I am curious as to why people would rather vote for a corrupt bunch of moat-owning Tories than a corrupt bunch of mortgage-free Labour folk.

Tis curious.

LeninGrad Fri 05-Jun-09 16:21:38

I have read somewhere that is because neither Labour or Conservative actually want a general election at the moment as they are worried too many seats would be won by independents.

madwomanintheattic Fri 05-Jun-09 16:24:58

i think they admire his, erm, stoicism in the face of erm, attack. sort of churchillian.
or not.

LeninGrad Fri 05-Jun-09 16:54:41

Jux Fri 05-Jun-09 16:59:31

They are making it up, because they want to stay in their seats. They are completely self-serving, as rubyslippers said. This will show them to be loyal to the Party.

edam Fri 05-Jun-09 17:24:36

Labour MPs know full well they are on course for a wipe out at the next general election. No way they can save their seats, short of a miracle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now