Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you vote? (postal, in person, etc NOT which party)

(13 Posts)
Hulababy Thu 04-Jun-09 20:14:52

Just curious really.

We always do postal voting. I know that if I had to go in person I'd end up not getting there, getting caught up doing something else and forgetting. So I send a postal vote off a few days before. I would love to be able to do it online ideally.

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 04-Jun-09 20:16:12

in person, since the polling booth is an a caravan at the bottom of our drive grin

Unicornvomit Thu 04-Jun-09 20:17:12

postal, have just started a thread about registering to postal vote.

online would be ace!!

FrazzledFairyFay Thu 04-Jun-09 20:18:17

postal for the same reason as you ie to make sure that I don't forget or not get around to getting to the polling station on the day.

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 04-Jun-09 20:18:49

In person.

I find the whole thing rather exciting and it makes me feel like a grown-up hmm grin

Bleatblurt Thu 04-Jun-09 20:20:11

Postal.

ChasingSquirrels Thu 04-Jun-09 20:20:29

postal.
they trialled online in cheshire before my parents moved away, my mum did online.

wrinklytum Thu 04-Jun-09 20:21:45

In person,as it is at dss school so pretty near

edam Thu 04-Jun-09 20:23:38

I go to a polling station. I would never, ever, remember to post a form in time. And there's the chance of someone nicking your vote (has happened in several places over the past few years - one big case in Birmingham).

Quite like going along and putting my vote in the ballot box. All the staff were very friendly to ds, telling him they'd see him next year.

(My parents used to canvass so suppose polling stations remind me of my youth...)

dilemma456 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:53:14

Message withdrawn

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 04-Jun-09 20:54:24

In person. If I posted it the post box is next to the polling station and I walk past the polling station four times a day anyway.

crokky Thu 04-Jun-09 20:55:40

My DH did a postal vote. I had a postal vote but <don't flame me> I did not vote.

flatcapandpearls Thu 04-Jun-09 20:56:38

In person, have just walked dd down and given her a lecture talk about why women should vote.

I get a buzz from voting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now