Talk

Advanced search

Lord Laming, Margaret Hodge and Baby P

(6 Posts)
ommmward Sat 30-May-09 19:40:06

this report in the Evening Standard.

Am still trying to get my head round the implications, but I don't think Laming or Hodge come out of it well, and nor does the Contactpoint database.

edam Sun 31-May-09 10:57:08

Think I linked that on one of the Baby P threads but agree it deserves a thread of its own.

Getting Laming to report into failures to protect children is as ironic as making Hodge the first childrens minister.

pendlewitch Sun 31-May-09 22:07:12

I think the thing that needs to be clearly understood about this is that, it appears that two of the people convicted of baby p's death were themselves abused as children in a "care" home.

Laming was told and did nothing.

This needs to be spread far and wide and something needs to be done. Instead of focusing the bile on the purpetrators of this heinous crime, we should be going after the callous so and so's who could have stopped it before it started and no doubt saved countless other children from horrendous abuse too.

ommmward Sun 31-May-09 23:22:06

Absolutely agree, pendlewitch.

But what do we do beyond posting a link on our facebook pages, yk? I'm assuming these people would be able to wriggle out of prosecution.

pendlewitch Mon 01-Jun-09 10:39:14

I really don't know - I think posting to facebook pages is a good start, and to anywhere else that Baby P is being discussed. Perhaps writing to MPs about it? I just don't know, it is beyond frustrating that these things get into the news and quickly and quietly brushed under the carpet

LeninGrad Mon 01-Jun-09 11:40:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now